Well, here is a little update from the Seminario family!
Fernando is working as an administrator and teacher at Paradigm High School in Sandy and is finishing his graduate degree at the University of Utah with a Masters of Public Administration. He is also having thoughts of doing a joint PhD in Educational Administration and Policy with the idea of working at the college level. He is a very busy guy right now but he is still a really great daddy and a wonderful person.
I (Sharon) am still teaching advanced composition but ONLY online now which is nice. I have six ideas in my mind right now for really great books but I haven't written one word of any of them. That's one of my new year's resolutions. I had Samuel in March and he and Miranda are the most fun I have ever had, even on crazy days.
Miranda is almost 2&1/2, and she enjoys pretending. She is always pretending. So, I guess even if my kids don't get my looks, I've still got some strong genes in there somehow. Today when I woke up she told me I was Shang and she was Mulan and Sammy was "little brother," Mulan's dog. It is not rare for her to change characters fifteen times a day, or to remain in character for days in a row...even through sleep and meals and Church. So she's pretty fun. She just learned her letters and has a lot of fun with billboards and mail and other things with letters on them. She also loves rhyming and making up words that rhyme with words she knows. And making up songs. (She just came in while I am writing this and told me I'm Cinderella and she is my fairy godmother.) She loves nursery and playing with other kids, she loves family and holidays, she likes reading and her movie box, and fruit and food that tastes good but isn't exactly good for you like frosting,butter, and chocolate. She says the funniest things, and, did I mention this?, she LOVES pretending.
We call Samuel the man-child or the Alpha-male because since he was born he has embodied the sterotypical male. He's about nine months old and He LOVES eating, blondes, wrestling, conquering things like stairs and standing, playing in and eating dirt, attacking people, yelling in war-cry manner, he's stinkier than Miranda was and more fearless...we laugh whenever we discover a new alpha-male quality. BUT he is the sweetest boy in the world. He is always smiling; since he learned how to smile that smile has been a constant. He brings us so much joy...I cannot help but be happy when I see his little smiling face with only two bottom teeth. What a blessing he has been to us!
We bought a house in west Salt Lake City (Taylorsville really) and we are really enjoying our ward and fixing up our house. It's perfect for us right now. We feel very blessed to have shelter, food, truth, and love in our lives. Who could ask for more?
MERRY CHRISTMAS from us...we hope to hear from anyone who visits this site!



9 comments:
so cute and fun!
I love reading your blog! You are hilarious...and I see that inherits that from you too! We love your cute fam.
Okay...who took these pictures? Where did you take them? And do I have any chance of having something even remotely as darling as any of these or do you have to have the Seminario good looks to produce photography this great. I love you guys...hope to get together soon.
Just leaving a shout out to Kristen McMullin who took our pictures. Her website is www.kmcmullinphotography.com
She is excellent. She had to do who knows what to these pictures to make them turn out so nice.
Merry Christmas Seminarios! It's been great to see you (even in the sad circumstances). I am definitely going to take you up on the play date thing Sharon. Maybe in January. . . when the craziness is all over. I love you guys!
We are so excited that you have a blog! Your kids are SOO cute!
What bliss to read about your charmed life! Shar, I look forward to your first book in 2008. It's your year!! I check your blog often and can't get enough....
We got your Christmas card. Thanks for sending it all the way to The Netherlands! Your blog is great. The kids are adorable. I wish we lived closer so our kids could play together, oh well maybe next time we visit. We wish you all the best. -Rachel and Johnny
Sharon! Hey. It's Malia...do you remember me? I found your blog through Kris's. You have a beautiful family! I love love love the pictures! How are you doing? Let me know how things are going sometime!
Post a Comment