Yesterday he proved it.
He flipped his blue popsicle all over the wall and, and, AND got a big drop onto the matte (sp?) of a painting we bought in Italy! All from the convenience of his high chair! Don't worry, the little blue spot will NOT come out.
He also spread his sister's cake all over the couch downstairs.
And finally...
He got a little mesh bag that I keep fingernail polish in, like about 10 bottles, and threw it down on the carpet in our room. No worries. It's carpet, so the fall was cushioned, right? Wrong. They smashed against each other and of course the one to break was the BRIGHT RED ONE. So red goes through the mesh bag (MESH!? very smart, Sharon...grrr!) onto the carpet and onto all the other stuff in the bag. I took it all to the sink to try to wash it off while it was still wet (leaving the carpet stain there to dry...VERY smart, Sharon...) and none of it would come off just with the water, it was already sticking (a valuable quality in a nail polish at any othe r time). Right now as these fingers fly across the keyboard they are still stained with red. I finally got it all cleaned up and off of the sink after having to throw several things in the mesh bag and the bag itself away. I had to use SO much nail polish remover and ruin a towell, strike that, two towells.
Then like a genius I started to try to get the red out of the carpet with nail polish remover. Which Fernando almost simultaneously found out downstairs on the computer with wikipedia should NOT be used to get nail polish stains out of carpet.
So, the stain is still there. I've read a few removal suggestions I'm willing to try. But this red blotch might just be the motivation we need to rip up the carpet and refinish the wood floor. If Fernando is reading this, please recognize that the word "we" in the previous sentence should be interpreted very loosely as I plan on helping, or non helping, about as much as I did when you refinished the rest of the upstairs. So, yeah, maybe we won't be starting that project anytime soon.
It was all in a day's work for the destructor.
7 comments:
Oh Sharon, I just cringed at every new disaster. The nail polish hits close to home as I have endured that situation before. Might I suggest a kid-friendly cage for the destructor? I kid, I kid...
Oh you guys, we feel for you! We just had a similar situation at our house! Check out our blog to see the "destruction". One day we'll laugh about it, right??
www.gassingo.blogspot.com
We miss you guys! Hang in there! :)
Ryan and Lindsay Gassin
Now you can say to yourself...."Oh good, a major stain has just appeared, now we don't have to be too careful in the future." Okay, I know that isn't going to make you feel any better. Sorry. I do feel for you, really. Remind me to tell you what happened to my sister in Vegas with her carpet. It's a horrible story. It might make you feel better. :) (You know how others' disasters cheer us up?)
I think it is time for a "moms only" chocolate break. We'll call it a joint bday break, call it whatever you want, but you deserve a breather:) PHEW!
Dear sister! I learnt one thing from this article, which is it's not a good idea to have a big house and some kids at the same time.(It's better to just have a small apartment so that if you want to check on your kids then all you have to do is just . . . look!) ---- Xiaoyu
Sammy! How can you feel so much love and frustration at the same time??? I often ask myself that question when my children are throwing their fruit around the kitchen or trying to step in the poopy diaper I just removed from their little behinds. Thank you for sharing this wild day in your life. It brought a smile to my face, as all your posts do. :)
Innocent little Sam that I met tonight did all of that?!! Wow Sharon, you sure have your hands full. I'm so glad you blogged about it. Yes others' disasters do cheer us up. It was fun to see you tonight. I'm sad we don't get together more often. Miss you.
Post a Comment