Well, most of us do. Some of us like to be carried on hikes.
My family tries to get up to the Albion Base above Alta during the wildflower bloom. Last time we went Miranda was 8 weeks old or thereabouts. It is a LOVELY family-friendly hike. I highly recommend it.
This time we were lucky to have Katie back from China. Dad and Fernando kept switching off hoisting the kids, and the rest of us occasionally lugged whichever was whineyest.
When I go to the mountains I always wonder WHY in the world I don't go there more. My perspective seems to clear with the crisp thin air and the view...I can better see the earth in its splendor and the beauty of my life and the blessings I enjoy. My worries, busyness, and problems get smaller as all of the world gets bigger.
pride rock from Lion King. Look closely.
3 comments:
That looks like so much fun and so inspiring! I echo your sentiments of nature. We just might have to take a hike soon....or something like that....
Looks like a blast, what a beautiful hike! The email address I have for you keeps coming back undeliverable, email is probably the best way to reach me while in Utah - tlborg@hotmail.com. I hope we get to see each other & that I can meet Sam and see cute Miranda.
You are a good egg taking your kids on a hike! I am not a fan of hiking. Although a family friendly one may be worth it. You are so right, it is grea to be outdoors, and enjoy the beauty of the earth. It is so peaceful and fulfilling. The pride rock picture is priceless! It looks just like Mufasa and Simba!
Post a Comment