Thursday, September 11, 2008

Recycling

I know, I know, I haven't posted for A WHILE to put it mildly. We've been having such great adventures here even though it has been busy.
We had Silvia our friend from Italy stay here for a week before she went to BYU-I to study. We LOVE her and every moment was a pleasure. She helped Fernando create and paint a mural for the room we've recently designated "the play room" in our basement. I'll take some pictures sometime and post them because they did SUCH a cute job. I love going into that room now. Fernando also got me some IKEA kids storage thingies for my birthday so it really is a fun room for the kids.

Anyway, before Silvia came Fernando had his last week of life...I say that because he started work-school, school-school three nights a week after work, fun guests to host and a needy wife and kids. Heh. Anyway, during that week he had so many projects he wanted to do before the "year" started up. I think he got 8 hours of sleep the entire week, and that might be an optimistic figure. When he sets his mind to something he can just keep working and working until the goal is met. It was impressive. I might not have been as helpful as I could have been..."Oh, I need to go put the kids to sleep"...30 minutes later I'm snoozing with my day's clothes on until 4 am. Sorry.

After Silvia came Nancy and Mami Betty, Fernando's sister and Grandma, came to stay. It was also delightful, and we miss them! We went to a family baptism on Saturday, I taught Relief Society on Sunday (I only mention this to say that my mind was not on the blog but on other things which you should not be mad at me about), and then on Monday LDSBC started up again. The week before SLCC started up. So I had to get syllabi and etc. going, answer 10,000 emails (slight exaggeration) for work, and so, again, mind not on Blog. I did think of you, dear blog readers, but alas.

On Tuesday night our visitors left (sniff) and I had my first enrichment night in my new calling. I was running around in my mind and in reality all day for that. I had lots of help though and it went really well, I thought. I was edified, at least. That's what's important, right? Me.

Yesterday was the eye in all of it, and today I leave for Africa! I know, I know, it's crazy that a mother of two (three? heh Just kidding honey) is going to Africa. I will be sure to post about it when I get back, or while I'm there. I have a goal to post a blog from Africa. We'll see.

Anyway, I thought I should mention something that Miranda taught me the other day:
"Mommy, Satan does NOT recycle."
Don't forget that people.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Enrichment was wonderful. It went very smoothly. Good job! Now about this Africa business....are you serious? Who gets to do that? And what are you going there for? I'll catch up with you later for the details....maybe when you get back? At any rate, have fun and don't get trampled by any wild animals or anything. :)

mckenzie said...

so i was thinking about you all week and wondering: what does she do all day? you seem so busy, but i couldn't for the life of me think of what, other than your kids could keep you going so busily. now i know, and it's all legit. ;) have a splendid time in africa. i hope you see a lion or giraffe or better, whatever that might be.

Stacy said...

I must be Satan then...I have never been a good "recylcer"
Have fun in Africa! I will be in Cali next week singing in RRRED...I know I am crazy.

Molly said...

The Africa trip has arrived!! Can't wait to see your pics and hear your descriptions. What an awesome opportunity!!!

pappyu said...

Ha! I know that half of that blog was for Xiaoyu and I, or at least the part explaining why it has been so long since you have written. You have done well explaining, and . . . yes . . . we accept your humble (although completely LAME) excuses.
Have fun in Africa (FAVORITE CHILD!!!) Take tonz of pictures!!!

Lexie said...

Africa? How amazing is that? How did you get the opportunity? Enjoy & write all about it when you get back!

Jana said...

Africa??? I am green with envy! Have fun!

Outsideofacat said...

ha ha ha. satan does not recycle. that might make a good slogan in some of the states, and really increase recycling participation. kids say amazing stuff.