Friday, May 15, 2009

ramblings of a possible lunatic



These are not the lunatics. Okay, maybe a little. I love this picture.

I was just thinking someone should do a study on what your blog background says about your current mental state or personality or something. I'd be interested since I'm feeling conflicted about what to do with ours.

I've finally finished grades. I know, procrastination. I feel like I'm a perpetual student because I always have these deadlines at the end of the semester and I procrastinate them. SO to those of you whose nightmares involve never graduating or something, I can understand that. Although I do love being on a school schedule. You can't beat it. I think that's one secret to why people stay in education even though they are totally equipped to make billions in other industries. Take it from me. Heh.

My procrastination ended up being an even worse factor this year because, of course, the kids got sick right at the same time. I'm talking the kind of sick that had me doing laundry like 7 times a day. Poor Sammy had the worst of it, because he has a more sensitive stomach--has always "lost it" easier than Miranda--and because his gave him more diaper trouble too. In fact, he was having a little trouble the other day and was leaning against my leg as I was typing at the computer, and I felt this serenity and stillness, and looked down...HE WAS SLEEPING STANDING UP, barely perched against my leg. Oh man. I have never seen the likes. Poor kid.

Plus Miranda prayed immediately after throwing up the first time (even before she let the goop be washed out of her hair) that she would not throw up again. And she has faith. So the first time was the last time and she's fared pretty well in all of this yuckiness.

The house felt like quicksand for a few days there, but people seem to be doing better now and we are going to claw our way out today and enjoy the sun and fresh air. And obviously I'm posting a new blog post so that's a good sign.

In less emerging-out-of-the-abyss news:
Just wanted to give a little shout out to my Bro and Sis-in-law who had their baby last week and gave our kids their FIRST COUSIN and made me and Fernie AUNT and UNCLE for the first time. YEAH! awwww isn't he soooooooo cute?!

5 comments:

Julie Kaye said...

I am sorry things have been so rough for you!! I am happy for Patrick and Xiau (sp??) I hope everything went well and that her nerves were calmed!!!

Holly & Kasey said...

I'm glad to hear that everyone is feeling better. We want to send you a birth announcement and Kasey lost Sem's number because I washed his phone, so could you email me your address so I can get it sent out to you??? holly.nelson13@gmail.com. Thank you!!

Stacy said...

We suffered the same awfulness at my house the last few days, except it was the opposite for us. Zander handled it way better than Ashton. Poor Ashton lived in the bathroom the other night it was so sad. Poor thing was on the toilet doing one thing when he ended up doing the other as well...if you catch my drift. But I am very glad as are you that it seems to have past.

Jenny said...

Oh Sharon, I'm feeling so sorry for you. What a hard week. I hope the sickness is long gone and that you can forget about all that work and yuckiness you had to deal with. Congrats on finishing grades. Hopefully you can take a break for a few weeks before having any more deadlines. Can't wait to see you in June! And congrats on having a niece, she is so adorable!

kevin and heather said...

That is too funny. Poor Sam. Great parenting. I could only hope that after throwing up Carter's first thought would be to pray. That is so sweet. I am so glad you posted a picture of baby Lucas. I have been dying to see a picture. Sounds like you guys are doing great especially now that grades are in:)