
This is my cute husband happy in his car Miranda. Yes the car had the same name as our daughter. This should show how MUCH my husband loved Miranda the Honda. Miranda was always his favorite name for a girl so his Honda got it first. I insisted that we stop calling the car Miranda once the daughter Miranda was born. The Honda has been in declining health ever since. Hearbreak.
Speaking of heartbreak, this is how sad Fernando was to have to give up Miranda when she finally passed on. He passed her on to one of our home teachers who is also 16 or 17 and is looking for a car AND has a dad who can fix just about any car. So at least she's still in a good place. But he had a hard time saying goodbye.

He was reminiscing about how we had all of our dates in this car, how he used to drive up to Logan to see me in it, how we brought our kids home from the hospital in it, drove away from being married, how he had it all through his MTC teaching and EFY and BYU life...Miranda the Honda was good to us. Things become more than that when they've glued themselves to really wonderful memories. Poor Fernando.
Speaking of heartbreak, this is how sad Fernando was to have to give up Miranda when she finally passed on. He passed her on to one of our home teachers who is also 16 or 17 and is looking for a car AND has a dad who can fix just about any car. So at least she's still in a good place. But he had a hard time saying goodbye.
He was reminiscing about how we had all of our dates in this car, how he used to drive up to Logan to see me in it, how we brought our kids home from the hospital in it, drove away from being married, how he had it all through his MTC teaching and EFY and BYU life...Miranda the Honda was good to us. Things become more than that when they've glued themselves to really wonderful memories. Poor Fernando.
Plus in exchange he drives a minivan.
7 comments:
oh miranda i will miss you too! i miss sitting in the backseat listening to kelly clarkson and andrea bocelli. thanks for letting me be the tag a long.
Fernando will miss his Miranda! I bet the 16 year old who is getting Miranda is giddy with delight.
Are you sticking with Hondas and driving an Odyssey now? What a smooth ride the Odyssey is.....
i love this car. it took me for many icees at 7-11 when we were supposed to be supervising counselors!!!haha! bye friend!
what? no pictures of the new minivan? :o)
New era, new car, new baby! WOW lot's of changes! I don't blame Fernando for feeling sad ... my car, LUCY CARR ... her name was even submitted to the prayer roll at the temple ... I gave my mom a list of names to add to the prayer roll and Lucy's name was written on the bottom of the paper, why? well I don't remember but, unknowingly my mom submitted her name!
How funny! I still drive the car Michael had when we met and dated and married. I won't let him sell it. It is a small sedan, so I can't carpool with it and can barely fit the (now) two carseats in back. Total nonsense. Just yesterday we researched for HOURS for a double stroller that would fit in the trunk and only one style BARELY fits. We had to go to the store and test it. I just can't give it up! I'm so sentimental.
I have to admit that I am a little sad for all of you. I wish I had my chance to bid my farewell to Miranda--the car--not your daughter.
Post a Comment