Tuesday, September 7, 2010

4 really amazing blessings

"However many blessings we expect from God, His infinite liberality will always exceed all our wishes and our thoughts." --John Calvin
Miniman: Every morning when he wakes up (before the sun!) the first thing I see is a huge smile of gums and two little poking bottom teeth, a smile that uses up jowells, fatty baloon cheeks and sparkly eyes.
Sammy: Tells me I'm gorgeous on demand. Also snuggles into my covers and squishes his little cold self towards me to get warm. I can feel his little cheek on mine and his warm breath on my face.
Mimi: Chooses the right, even though it isn't easy sometimes, or what everyone else is doing. She reminds me to keep my word, and I need that. Treats her brothers with kindness and love.
Fermando: His perspective teaches me new ways to see the world. When he sings, I feel healing, like the cracks in me are being filled and softened. His compliments are never superflous and they change the way I see myself.
This picture, above, is my new favorite picture. I have so much to be thankful for.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I love that picture too. What a sweet family! And what a great tribute to all of them. You guys are amazing!

Tonya said...

You forgot one person. I know it is hard to write about yourself so I will do it for you.

Sharon, who has the voice of an angel (direct quote from Ryan) is the glue to the family. The one inspiring curiosity, taking time to treasure the small moments, and realizing she needs to prepare for the big ones ahead. Truly the most selfless person in her family.

Tonya said...

P.S. I am so stealing that quote! I love it!

Britt said...

you are a lucky woman...and they are too! believe me!

Lexie said...

What a beautiful picture and what lovely thoughts about the most important people in your life. So glad that things are going so well!