Friday, October 1, 2010

made me miss you guys

I heard my kids talk to my inlaws the other day on the phone. It made me miss them. Inlaws I mean. I miss them all the time but even extra sometimes.

I mean look at this:




And these crazy guys...




letting this crazy girl attack them...




really attack




someone who can always laugh even if she just got through crying, and who understands what it is like to have all brothers...





someone who always stays young even though she gets older...






A little playful cute kid cousin and her bigger playful cute kid dad







and cute mommy giving us more cousins! Yipee! And who always has extra love to give to her niece and nephews.






Someone willing to join our crazy family even though and BECAUSE she knows us so well! and give us a fun wedding to go to!!! (and a wonderful new person to be with us forever!)


And a guy who can help Sam the man not to be homesick by taking him to the mailbox every day, to pick oranges from the tree, and take out the recycling.





A grandpa who can keep up with anybody and can also calm down a fussy infant like magic (I still wish for him to come and calm miniman during his fussiest moments!) He has passed down the gift to my husband of being able to easily accomplish things that are very hard for me.


AND not only the best meat maker in the US and CANADA,

but also one of the most willing helpers (with any project) you could ever ask for



This is everybody (besides bro in law grilling above, future sis in law and I) with some wonderful friends and former elementary school teachers/mentors. Amazing ladies. The impact of a good teacher! Such a nice shot of the inlaws too.






Tia-to-be helping Fernando give Miniman a haircut. Or a mullet-removal I guess.






Not an easy task. Poor miniman.



And just to get in the spirit of the spooky season...



With a lady who kept them busy with art and storytime and big kid responsibilities and inside jokes and healthy food and carnivals and even learning Spanish songs and dances. Amazing.



I'm so lucky to be as part of this family! And I feel SO happy for my kids. It's nice to know Heavenly Father gives our children (HIS children) people constant in their lives who have strengths and talents different than their mom's. These people help and will help our chilren have such wonderful, wonderful lives.

6 comments:

Angie said...

love this!

Amy Sue said...

I miss them all too! Can you get them to come up to Utah for a visit?

Julie Kaye said...

What a great post! Your words express it perfectly! What a great tribute!!

Lexie said...

What a lovely tribute to your wonderful family, it's too bad family can't always be together, don't ya think?

Molly said...

Fun to read about the Fabulous In-Laws. I fully agree that it's a BLESSING to have family who are strong, loving and constant.
Thank you for sharing these pics and your love for Fernando's family.

Love ya!

Joanna said...

You made me miss them too! We just drove from Sacramento to Disneyland and as we drove past the freeway exit my parents used to take every time we went from Bakersfield to LA I thought of them! They really are good people! I hope our paths cross again soon!