Mateo loves dogs the most, I think, but he was a bit wary.
He actually loved the BIG PARENT dogs but the little nippy guys made him a bit nervous.
Here he is with the daddy doggie. He calls every animal a doggie which sounds like dah dah, so maybe he doesn't like dogs the best after all. He does call ducks some sort of quack sound. So there's progress at least.
This was his position most of the time when the puppies were out. Attached to my knees. Hee.
Miranda was the least afraid and most comfortable with the doggies. Yesterday she made up a song called, "Why can't I live on a farm." It was a melancholy song. Moving. I told her we are going to live somewhere as soon as we can where we can have chickens, and a big garden, and maybe a goat if we're lucky.
She said that's not a real farm. A real farm includes cows and horses, of course, and a big, big barn.
I'd like the big, big barn but I told her all about what her morning routine would be if we owned a real farm.
I though, ha, that'd show her.
Didn't phase her. A girl after my own heart. A girl who dreams of pioneer, simple, do-it-yourself living but in actuality would rather not axe a chicken head off nor use an outhouse regularly.

4 comments:
Sharon,
We want a farm too! And chickens! We are looking for land, but....what about all the bugs on those chickens?
Hmmmm.....hmmm.......hmmmm.......
we shall see.
Love you!
Elizabeth
Sammy looks so big in that picture!
I've been meaning to comment for a while......
You and your pioneer dreams, love 'em. I just ran across a pic of me, you and my brother, C, all decked out in 1800s clothes at the Jensen Historical Farm many moons ago. Popping corn over the stove, eating apple pie that wasn't so sweet, and gathering eggs from fluffy hens make for some great memories. I say, own those chickens! Raise that goat! Plant a massive garden! You go girl.
Those puppies are so cute! Oh and the dogs are cute too. :) Hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment