I had an idea inspired by this gal. Incidentally I love when my children love the same books I loved as a kid. I can barely read Amelia Bedelia without laughing.What makes her funny is that she takes idioms and figures of speech literally and also needs VERY clear pronoun references(one of my favorite things to pick on as an English teacher) (yes I am a nerd).
So she ends up doing cukoo things like dusting the furniture (putting dust ON it), and taking a nap herself when the list says "time for a nap" instead of putting the baby down for a nap. I should try that one. But that isn't the Amelia Bedelia theory.
After reading a few of these books lately with Mimi I realized that Amelia messes up ROYALLY every single day and does her entire list of things to do WRONG. And so do I sometimes!
But guess what? She makes a ridiculously delicious dessert at the end of the day and it somehow makes the world right. No matter where she fell short the rest of the day! Even if she is showing no real signs of improvement!
So I've come up with the Amelia Bedelia theory. I think if I make a delicious food item every day all shortcomings and blatant errors of the day will vanish with one taste.

4 comments:
I love Amelia Bedelia! And how she pitches tents and makes chicken dinners and sponge cakes! Hmmm...let me know how your theory goes! I think it will work marvelously. :)
hah! she's genius, although i think it's a lot of extra work at the end of a long day. i sure like the idea though, so go for it.
I think you're on to something kid!
Sharon,
I just love you. Ahhh...you are so refreshing. And the great thing is, I think you are totally right!!
Love,
Elizabeth Little
Post a Comment