And we have a couple of those in our house. Three actually.
Here's one in his ultramanly gear of safety goggles and popgun. VERY intimidating I know.

The other day Mimi found out that a future cousin will be a boy and she broke down into tears. And she even tried NOT to cry. She dreams of having more girls around, specifically sisters or cousins. If she didn't have The Soph I don't know what we'd do.
We know some GREAT gals who had all brothers and we always point to them to give her hope of turning out OK if she happens to have all brothers.
The boys have lots of fun together. My brother was the only son so I can see he really put up with a lot just having sisters. I love watching these brothers play together. They usually laugh and laugh and have so much simple fun. Like bucket rides:

And they get to wear matching jammies...
I read an article the other day about Jimmer. (Please pretend you know who he is so my husband can still be your friend. Just kidding. Kinda.) Anyway the article centered on how Jimmer was driven to greatness by having an older brother. Something like that. So although I know they might be competitive and roughish in the distant and non-distant future, it's nice to think they will compel one another to greatness. I have that hope for them. But I also have the hope that having a sister to think about will teach them things too. And vice versa. Miranda has already learned to discern in her young experience with males between the ones who "respect women" --her words-- and those who don't. Interesting...
She and Sammy love to play together. They love to disagree sometimes too, but lots of times they are great to each other and they defend each other like crazy. One of miniman's first words was "manda," and all she has to do is touch a finger to the piano and he practically transports himself to the bench next to her and plays with her, a big grin slapped across his mug.
One day they fell asleep on the couch and I found them like this! Ha ha ha!!!!
So cute. Toxic, but cute. Anyway, I guess the point of this post is that I feel blessed to watch these three interact. I like to see the lessons they learn from their natural interactions and the interplay between masculine and feminine thought and interest. Fernando once did a research paper about how siblings play a part in future marital success skills and there was a connection there. So if you have skills thank your siblings, right?

Fernando also has reminded me a few times how our siblings are the people in life we know the longest, who are with us for the longest amount of time here on earth. Whenever I am with mine or Fernando is with his, we notice in each other laughter and personality that ONLY our siblings bring out.


6 comments:
Our Family Home Evening tonight was along those same lines of family love and respect for each other as brothers. (and for their MOM) :) I agree about siblings. They are the ones who love and accept us and know all our secrets too....(other than our spouse) Cool post! My brother was the only boy with 3 sisters too, so I'm sure he had to put up with a lot as well! :)
Ryan's six older brothers have definitely made a positive impact on who he is, even though many of them have had very negative moments in their lives.
Your kids are darling.
what a great post! you have such a beautiful family..
So cute! I can't wait until Cambri has siblings to interact with. (Not that we're in a hurry or anything...) I love your little family!
Yes, tell Miranda that being the only girl is the best! Both Nancy & I turned out great (at least we think so), my Mom is an only girl too. So, she shouldn't worry! I am excited for Miranda's new nephew!!!!
Love the pics you posted!
Shar that post made me cry and totally made me she my brother in a different light. I know that Sophie and LC were ment for each other. For example, tonight I was changing the bed sheets and Sophie was jumping up and down on the bed and under the mattress on the base board while i was trying to change the bed skirt and LC started to cry, so S jumped off and started to sooth LC. He stopped crying and had a huge toothless grin on his face and it was one of the best moments of my day (if not the best). Also, I was thinking of Miranda today and thought like she did now that ND is having a boy the girls will totally be out numbered then I thought this can't happen for long but then thought well Shar had 2 boys in a row will that happen to me too? I mean it is the male that defines the sex of the baby.... so hopefully in about 3 years we shall see... unless you let the girls catch up. <3
Post a Comment