Friday, September 23, 2011

The good life: staying with Grandma and Pa

While we are in limbo with houses, we get to stay with Grandma and Pa.  And we've been reaping the benefits!  We got to go downtown to have lunch with Pa, which included a train ride, 



...and the LDS Business College (I teach for them) 125th birthday celebration.  The kids got free cotton candy, snowcones, and a picture with the new unnamed LDSBC mascot.  Mateo wouldn't go near him. 


Miranda's favorite thing is science.  KT and J gave her a science set and lab coat (with "M" insignia on the pocket...she now goes by Dr. M) for her 6th birthday.  She LOVES to make messes with this thing.  At our house I avoided such messes but my mom is not a stress case so she can cope with potions exploding everywhere!  Grandma and Pa's is a science-friendly zone. So Dr. M has been enjoying that.  And yes one must wear lipstick to perform experiments properly.



Not the best clarity in this picture, but this is Teo dressed up like Pa.  Glasses and baseball cap. He really enjoys being here, especially because granmda makes him pancakes on demand.  He would eat nothing but pancakes if we let him!  He goes into the pantry, gets the batter, the syrup, and even goes into the drawer to get the spatula whenever he gets a craving.  His physical makeup is probably 75% pancake at this point. 

No picture of Sammy here, but grandma and pa's house has "the wii."  Joy. 

Mostly we love being around them and the warm homey spirit here.  SUCH generous parents.  We're lucky to have a place to transition that is so fun.

3 comments:

Mrs. Egg said...

Your parents are awesome, they remind me of Grandpa & Grandma Standing. You are an awesome parent and I aspire to be just like you. love you!

Anonymous said...

There will be no more of this sillyness when we get back. ~KTSON

Jeanna said...

Sounds fun! I wish I had someone who would make me pancakes on demand! (Well, Brice probably would, but I'd rather he watch the kids on demand instead!).