Time passes. On this blog an embarassing amount of time has passed. And amazing things have happened in that time.
A new person joined our family.
We live in a different house and neighborhood.
There have been birthdays, teeth lost, milestones. Time passes.
Sometimes I think that my fears and weaknesses and personal failures are never going to be conquered. Yet time passes. What seems impossible can be. God's gift of time is SO precious. There is time to change. Time that will soften, illuminate, divide the important from the un. It's the miracle grow that only Heaven can spread on our garden. Time. After all our work planting and weeding and watering, Time brings the harvest.
I recently gave a lesson in Church about personal records. Because of it I challenged myself to resuccitate this blog, because I KNOW that these records are important to my family, and to me, and to me learrning from my life's experiences. The me of a time passed can answer right now me's questions. Personal records give me the gift of having a concrete capturing of time passing. So here I am. CPRing this blog and feeling blessed by it even as I type.
One of my faves Eva Cassidy sang this song called "Time is a Healer" and one of the parts says
"Time is a healer
And all hearts that break
Are put back together again
For love heals the wounds it makes."
A long time ago I posted our famous goose story. And I honestly thought my children might not recover from their trauma! But time passes. They recently went back and chased those geese down and felt a surge of satisfaction. Hopefully from the joy of overcoming not from the pleasure of vengence. Time gave them a much different experience.
Sammy Boy is as big as the geese now.
Sammy Boy is as big as the geese now.
Two more squishfaces have come to us since then.
I've learned a few things. I still have some of the same things to figure out. I have new things to learn. Time passes. And blessings trail as it passes like dust from a shooting star.



6 comments:
Love you! Glad you're reviving the blog. I need something to stay connected.
You're making me cry now. Thanks for the lovely reminder that time passes and all the wonderful things that go with it. And for the beautiful way you did it. Oh, and for reviving your blog so I can stalk you again! I miss you guys!
I had never read your goose story. So I did, and I've been giggling the whole way through. :) Love you!
Since (unfortunately) your blog is the only way I've been able to keep up (why?!!!), I am glad to hear you'll be posting again. Much love.
CPRing never looked so good. Love you and your family.Amen to the blessing of time-"the PAST is behind us,learn from it, the FUTURE ahead of us, prepare for it, the PRESENT is here, live it'-President Monson
Can I just say...I am so glad that I admire you and am already feeling so blessed to be counted as a friend of yours. You inspire me on so many levels, yet in such a simple way. Thank you!
Post a Comment