Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Samuel F. Seminario


Sam turned 1! His birthday was yesterday the 23rd but as it was Easter we had a separate celebration on Saturday, and here I am writing about it subdawn on Monday. So, like a good birthday should, it has spread itself over several days.

As you can see, Sam's a real party animal.

Just after we'd all eaten his cake,

he woke up , threw up his birthday lunch, got washed, and then sat in his diaper on the table opening presents and eating chocolate covered strawberries.

I'm glad he understands my personal creed that no matter how horrible you feel or how tired you are, the party must go on.


I also wanted to post some pictures of Sam's first year. I recognize the great blessing Heavenly Father gave me in allowing me to be Sammy's mom, because every day I get to experience pure, undiluted goodness. Seeing him smile impresses me with the responsibility I have to make sure his joyful soul stays whole and unscathed. My heart is so much bigger because of Samuel. Thank you little Sambo!




5 comments:

Chad Keyser said...

Props to whoever made that Birthday cake, that is awesome.

Lexie said...

Sharon,
I can't believe he's one! It was so fun to look through your blog and see all the fun things you do as a family.
PS I'm so glad your camera started working again!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Happy Birthday Sammy! May you live a long and healthy life! (which should be pretty easy if you tend to tucker-out as soon as those sweets are presented!)

Stacy said...

He is cracking me up. That close up gives double chin a whole new meaning. I also love your blogging Sharon, your wit and sass shine through.

Dottie Stay said...

He is just beautiful! What a picture perfect little guy!!