Friday, July 25, 2008

the best lullaby


I have to resist the urge to drive Sammy in the car every time he needs to go down for a nap or for the night because IT'S SO EASY. He was a really easy go-to-sleeper, just put him in his crib and 10 minutes later voila, but after all the traveling and since he's growing up he's quite resistant lately (to put it mildly). I have to fight the drive to sleep method because it won't work too well if he turns 16 and still goes on a drive to fall asleep.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Ha, ha, ha! I know this to be true! But I'm also one of those "bad" moms who still gives my son a bottle to go to sleep. I keep telling myself just one more week and then we will give it up....

Melissa said...

Don't worry, Sharon. Soon they'll grow up and you'll WISH you could get them to sleep by driving them around..... Actually, none of my kids are night-owls, but we do fight the "bedtime" time quite often, but I promise it won't last. He'll grow out of it. And don't feel guilty if you have to drive him around....you need your sleep too. :) At 16, he probably won't even want to be in the same car as you.... ha, ha

Dottie Stay said...

Hey, what ever works. Nothing is bad when it gives you sanity!

Lexie said...

I love it! I've been known to drive around a few extra minutes to put my kids out - when it works, it's bliss! I had trouble trying to email this to you, sorry if it already came through! We get in Aug. 16, but will be up in Idaho the first week. Todd flies out the 23rd & the kids & I will stay for another week. Let me know if there is a date/time that week that would work for you. I am so excited!

pappyu said...

Oh my! I totally know where you are coming from! So totally true for sure! With Xiaoyu, whenever she gets tired and ownery, I just totally have to put her in the car and drive her to sleep! But since we don't have a car in China, I just put her on my back, walk around, make car sounds, and she is a GONNER!!! Ha! Sooo funny!
(Xiaoyu: Told you guys as soon as i got to China, I would want to go back to the U.S.!!! MISS YOU GUYS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! Tell KT to get married soon so we can come back!!!)