Thursday, December 4, 2008

issues

We've had issues.

I had grades for finals and Fernando had finals and I have been sick and our computer zapped to black.

Our computer is back from the computer doctor and seems to be fixed, Fernando and I still have some finals left, and I feel a bit better, although I haven't been anywhere but the house and a brief car ride with Fernando and the kids since SUNDAY. Basically, I've been wearing sweats, the SAME sweats, for that entire time. It's been scary.

So here is a make-up post. Thank you for hanging in there, anyone who is actually still checking on us.

Here are some fun things from the last little while.

The kids and I went to a movie for mom's Madagascar 2. I wasn't a big fan of the first one and there were some undesirables in this one now that I think about it, but I did laugh out loud a few times and the kids seemed to like it. And I like what they like.


I made these cookies for Fernando and he was actually happy to see them before, well, you know the rest. There's always next year.


Fernando took the double stroller in his trunk and I had to go somewhere in the neighborhood with the kids so we pulled out the single and went double-decker style. The kids loved it. I think they were warmer too.


Fernando and the kids decorated our fake tree (I am a real-tree purist but we thought it would be less hazardous to get a fake for our California years) and made what was a Charlie Brown tree beautiful and spirited. The kids were wonderful helpers.



We had a lovely Thanksgiving and loved, LOVED, loved having Fernando with us for whole entire and consecutive days. It was really something to be thankful for.

Finally, I will share a story.

Miranda, sweetly: "Mom, I would love you and sit by you even if you had bad breath."
She sits down by me.
Me, thinking, okayyy...: "Thanks, Miranda. That's really nice. Do I have stinky breath or something?"
Miranda, seriously: "Mom. Smell your breath."
Me, taking the hint, covering my mouth towards my nose and breathing. I can't tell how bad it must be: "Sorry, is it pretty bad?"
Miranda: "Mom, I'll still sit by you and love you."
Me, truly touched: "Thanks, Miranda."

9 comments:

Becky said...

Hope your recover soon!

mckenzie said...

nothing like unconditional love...we've missed you this week. i hope it all goes well.

Stacy said...

Good to see you and cute fam back. I know all about computer issues...but mine are still unsolved :(
Oh and I tagged you on my blog

Jana said...

She's adorable ...

LittleFamilyJL said...

It's ok. I haven't brushed my teeth yet today.....

Molly said...

I once took the twins double-decker style when my double stroller ended up in Mike's trunk. Cozy. Your kids look like they get along great! What are your secrets?!
Fun to see your Christmas tree. When you said you wanted a fake one for your years in CA, does that mean you're moving there??
We were sick here in MN too! Being sick is nasty. I hope you're better now. LUV ya!

Anonymous said...

Wife,
You probably don't realize how often I check this blog but it is quite regularly (all the time). I've been very impressed by how dedicated you've been to it and how enjoyable it is to read (even though it is about us). But hun, come on...you're slackin'
You can't get me all interested and involved in the blog and then leave me hanging once you've got me addicted to it.
I love you. Please get typing.

Lexie said...

Sorry you've been sick, what a drag! I love the story about Miranda, she is so funny! Am I stupid, I don't get the "California years" comment. Are you moving to California? Sorry, if I did a better job staying in touch, I might know these things. Hope you're feeling better by now and enjoying the holiday season. Do you remember Christmas in July in Nauvoo? What fun memories!

Anonymous said...

So, I just died, laughing. Rustey had to do CPR. It wasn't pretty. Why don't I read this blog 24/7? Well, my favorite reason is because I am also making fun memories with you and yours. Such as the other day, when Miranda came up to my room to announce dinner was ready and that she had filled a special sippy cup for me so I wouldn't spill on myself (that's another story in and of itself. What happened next is one of the classic Miranda moments. Me: oh that is so nice of you!
Miranda: Why is that so nice of me? Me: Because I HATE spilling on myself! Miranda (in a very calm and encouraging voice): Katie. We don't say hate, we say. . I don't really like that very much. Me: oh ya that's right, that's very good. Sorry.