I do have to say that some people (said husband) have finished their finals and can freely check the blog without a second thought while others (celebrated inventor of word "bloglag") still have a bunch of finals to grade and feel guilty spending any more time on the computer than the amount heretofore unmentioned toddlers currently complain about. THERE.
But here is a post as requested and I'll do better.
Since he was complaining, I will post a good dad moment by FerMANdo. There are a plethora to choose from, naturally.
The snow glittered down all day like tinkerbell dust but only a bit stuck.
Of course the kids wanted to go out.
Fernando got home. Perfect timing.
He went straight from his shirt and tie to boots and sweatshirt and coat. He still had his church socks on.
Somehow his magic worked with that meager snow to make a whole snowman, short--but we're okay with that around here--and perfect. He had pink bubble gum eyes, a classic carrot nose, and a fruit-roll-up mouth. (pictured below without mouth)
Miranda ate the eyes out the next morning. It must have been excruciating for the snowman.
The kids loved making the snowman with Fernando, but there's more!
The germ concious should stop reading here.
He took our snowcone flavoring and mixed it with snow in a bowl and fed it to the kids with a spoon. I even tasted some. It was scrumptious.
Here's two snowmen.
So, he's a pretty fun dad, I'd say. The kids agree.
2 comments:
What a great dad you are Fernando. I especially love the snow-cone idea. My mom would have flipped out over that one...she is a science teacher who studies germs. I'm sure that is something your kids will never forget. I'm sorry things have been so crazy busy lately and your computer decided to black out. Glad you're back! Have a merry Christmas!
Xiaoyu didn't completely freak out when she read about the flavored snow. I think we are starting to wear off on her!
Also, you might want to give the little geeks a warning with the snow-cones: only eat colored snow if dad is feeding it to you. Otherwise someday they might come across some yellow snow, remember the tasty colored snow dad fed em, and . . .
Post a Comment