Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Backlog: Pictures of us with our FOOD

Apparently food is an event for us. We take pictures of ourselves with it.

First: Daddy took us all out to Leatherby's Ice Cream Parlor after a grueling day of yardwork. We LOVED it. You've got to love Leatherby's and all Ice Cream Parlors. So American. I pledge allegiance.

Sammy chose sherbet--ended up being the best order.

Daddy chose a too-big sundae but he still conquered.

Miranda chose a mini-sundae with one topping: MARSHMALLOW. The ultimate in sticky goodness. (What is this face?!)

And I of course chose an Oreo malt. TRY to beat that.

Next: Fernando made COZZE! Well that's what we called it in Italy where we first had it and loved it. It's sort of mussles with breading and garlic and yummy stuff. He did a wonderful job...I did NOT sample because of a little child inside me that makes me not want to eat some things but it smelled GREAT and XiaoYu said it was delicous.

I of course also made something exotic, foreign, complex, and gourmet that day:
Rice Krispy Treats. Here is Sammy demonstrating my cooking prowess. Yes those are his shoes on the TABLE!!! Horrible mother. Also, Sammy's giving a little shout-out to Claire in New Mexico with his shirt.

Miranda: "No pictures please, we're eating!"

And finally, daddy passing down precious, heirloom talents to the children... involving food of course.


I wonder if I looked for ALL of the pictures we have with food how many I'd find...

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, so cute! Your family is darling. And thanks, thanks, thanks for the haircut.....Eric looks like a missionary once again. WHEW! I'm going to sneak some money into your house when you're not looking.....just you wait!

Julie Kaye said...

A BABY????? At first I thought I was going to have to go on about how much I love Leatherby's especially the one in Taylorsville. So many memories.......but a BABY? I hope that is what I read and that I am not making a fool of myself :) At least you will be able to tell who looks at your blog, and who READ's your BLOG! Oh Sharon I am so happy! Sydnee must have rubbed off on you on my birthday!!!

Molly said...

I heart ice cream. I applaud all your orders at this divine place called Leatherby's.
Fernando is an incredible person! He's being fun and goofy with the kids (big orange smiles), making delicious food for the fam (COZZE!), and treating pregnant wife and energetic children to outings at ice cream parlors. Here's a shout out to Fernie even before Father's Day!!!!

Amy & Greg said...

May I say, before I forget, that I still crave an Italian dish that Fernando made for me, Heather, Brittie, and Janae one night. All it was was olive oil, garlic and pasta, but it was delish! Also, Greg and I got in a conversation about how there aren't any ice cream parlors anymore. ...now I am reading Julie Kaye's post and I think I missed something. I need to go back because really...I got on your blog after all this time to see if there was an announcement. I didn't think it would be so imbedded. Hang on....

Amy & Greg said...

Awesome!! Congrats on the new little one coming. I have been wondering and am excited to see the post. Yipee! We need more Seminarios in this world.