
I'm back blogging. I will try to make up for lost time in the next little while as a WHOLE bunch of fun stuff has been happening and I haven't written about it at all! The shame. So anyway...we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house and LOVED IT. The kids were so excited...Miranda kept reminding me, "Mom, before they say the prayer on that temple can we go in there?" The kids loved the paintings (so many paintings of Christ with the children), the light, the water features, the little trees--they said Christmas trees to remind us of Jesus--the glass, the stairs. It was a beautiful experience to be together as a family in the temple. I would highly recommend it to anyone who can make it!

Miranda had the special priveledge of getting to use the bathroom in the temple! She had to go and I was so glad they let her use that little beautiful bathroom. We did not want to leave that kind of Seminario family "mark" on any of the temple upholstery or carpet. Miranda said her favorite part was the feeling of Jesus in the Temple. She's also commented on how many houses Heavenly Father and Jesus have.
Sammy LOVED the baptismal font. He seriously had to be constrained from jumping in, wearing a full suit. We laughed about that later. He said his favorite parts were the lights, and kept telling us it was booootiful. 
And of course getting free cookies complete with kid-sized water bottles afterwards handed out by nice grandma ladies wasn't a bad finishing touch. I really appreciate all of those people whose thoughts and actions went into making the experience so positive for us and our kids (even during their usual nap hours).

We just love the Temple...the kids too...they always ask me if they can go back. Sammy even cries when we drive past it without going in. I need to be more like that. I think we are pretty lucky to live here in the valley of the temples and we can't wait to go back with these children in the future!
1 comment:
Man, we wish we could have been there to go with you guys. Glad to see you're up blogging again.
I can't wait to see the video of your "procedure!"
RBI
Post a Comment