Monday, December 7, 2009

MINIMAN!

Mateo Joseph Seminario arrived on Wednesday, December 3rd 2009 at 3:04 am!

We left for the hospital around 2, checked in a 2:34, and he was here a short 30 minutes later. Thanks buddy for making it quick...I was too tired at that time in the a.m. to last much longer! Fernando was a champion partner and everybody at the hospital dealt with my impatience well. We were blessed!

He looks different (to us!) than the other two...less hair, longer fingers/toes (Uncle Pappy's toes), Katie's elf ear, lots of Seminario other stuff...but he still looks like one of our kids! So fun.
He's been a great eater, got a bit bruised, puffy, and generally beat-up by his quick entrance into the world, and when he looks around he gets so still and serene...even when he's only using his pirate eye!
He's so wonderful and so small, even though he was the biggest of our kids at 7.10. Here I am back at home with the little minimateo...

Here's Mimi's first holding. This is her shmoopy I love him so much I'm about to cry face.



Here's Sammy's first time holding his little bro. Do you think he's happy? He still refuses to call Mateo anything but Miniman or Baby.

We are SOOOO happy and feel blessed beyond measure to have this little person join our family! Welcome Mateo!

26 comments:

April said...

Congratulations! What a cute little boy!!

ndresser said...

Woo hoo! He is so Cute!!
Congrats!

Elise said...

YAY!!! Congrats y'all!!!!!! Too cute!!!!

Erica said...

I'm so excited for you guys! What a lucky little guy little Mateo is. Glad things were quick, for your sake. :)

Mrs. Egg said...

Congrats!! Welcome little Mateo to the family!

julie said...

He is just beautiful. We are so happy for you and I will pass the news on to all the fam! Congrats to you all!

theriddle said...

I am SO happy for all of you!

Holly & Kasey said...

OH congratulations!! He is beautiful!

Emily said...

He is adorable and looks nothing like your others! Just kidding...

When your kiddos need an outing without you, call me and I'll help out:)

Shannon said...

Congratulations! He's adorable!

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

Congrats!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Oh wow! Congratulations to you!!! If he is that cute as a miniman, he's gonna be a stud of a bigman!

randi said...

oh my sweetness! congratulations, i am so happy for all of you. and i think you should totally keep calling him miniman just for fun. good job on that baby, love you tons!

MSM said...

Congratulations!

Looking forward to seeing you, miniman and the rest of the family when I get back in town.

Love ya!

Jana said...

wow what a cutie! congratulations!

Becky said...

Congratulations! He is too cute. I'm glad it all went well and that y'all are doing good. Take care and Merry Christmas.

Lexie said...

Hip, Hip hooray! I'm so glad he made it safely and that all is going well. He is so handsome and I love his brother and sister holding him, what a special time for your family!

Molly said...

What a great little guy! I've been watching the blog...waiting for a baby announcement. Dec 6th is a perfect birthday. It'll be nice to have a reason to party and open gifts at the beginning of Dec when the kids start to get the "gimmies" (at least mine are all ready to open their C'mas gifts NOW!)but early enough in the month to not get lumped with Christmas. Good planning, Miniman!
I love the pics of Mimi and Sammy holding Minimateo. Siblings are a wonderful thing to have. Mateo is an awesome name. I'm so happy for your family of 5!!! Hugs all around!

Ace said...

Yay!!!! Congrats, Shar. I want to be like you when I grow up!

McKayTroop said...

Oh Congratulations! Little babies are so much fun... and work! I hope you're handling everything okay, if there's anything I can do for you I would love to help! Such a sweet little guy and such sweet siblings. CONGRATULATIONS! Oh, and I wish you lots of sleep!

Carrie said...

I need to comment and say CONGRATS! He is beautiful. I have been blog lurking for a while. It's fun to see you and Fernando be so successful in life and in your little family. Your kids are adorable. I hope you don't mind me coming out of the "blog lurking" world to say hi.

~Carrie Douglas Morris
(EFY)

Amy & Greg said...

Yipee!! Congrats! Wow, he came quick. Lucky you! He does look like Sammy. I love that picture of Miranda holding him. Hilarious--and so her. Miss you guys!

Tonya said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your cute family. I hope you are doing well.

Kim said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy and relieved for you that he came so quickly. You have a beautiful family!!

Lynch Family said...

Congratulations on your little one. We are glad everything turned out well. Can't wait to see the fam again.

Neal and Shannon said...

Yeahhhhhh! He is sooo adorable. Looks different to me too. I'm glad everything went well and I cant wait to see him. Love you!