Well, for me at least. I am finally getting things in order. It took a bit longer this year since I have the little guy and also the others. :) Endearing terms for my children, I know.
Here's to a new year where I'm a better mom, a more thoughtful wife, a dedicated gospel student, less flaky and more compassionate, more fit, and less busy. Oh and more organized. And more prompt!
But while we wait indefinitely for me to reach these goals, here is a little recap of Christmas.
Pa reading Twas the Night to us on Christmas Eve. Don't know why Miranda is looking on with condesending disdain. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve over at KT, Gma and Pa's...we had homemade Egg Rolls, a new tradition...and we even got to see PK and XY and Lucas in China on the computer!!! (Insert me crying like a baby the whole time they were on because I missed them so much. And because my hormones are out of whack.)

New Christmas P.J.s,
Silvia stayed with us (BLISS!) and we went to see The Princess & the Frog (note: scary villain. Cmon Disney!). Silvia is the ultimate. She has most of the new years resolutions I listed above mastered. When she gets married and has kids she'll have the rest accomplished immediately I'm sure. We love having her with us for holidays. My kids might actually picket at the airport when she has to go back to Italy after graduation this year.
Temple Square at Christmas!!! This one event is reason enough to live in Utah. And of course perfect and huge snowflakes started falling as we walked around just especially to remind us about the day we got married six Decembers ago.
Although the kids had the best Christmas thanks to Santa's helpers who shopped for me since I was still a brand new Mommy, thhe three best presents by the tree were...
Although the kids had the best Christmas thanks to Santa's helpers who shopped for me since I was still a brand new Mommy, thhe three best presents by the tree were...
I might add here that Miniman gets a LOT of love. Too much? We won't know until he's old enough to slug people in the face.

Mateo meeting new people...Aunt Jo:
Cousin Rachel

and.....drum roll please....Mami Rosie! Who came to visit and did our laundry EVERY SINGLE DAY she was here. She didn't even rest for one second. I can't believe how incredibly blessed I am to have had her here, and to be able to have her for my mother in law. I told Fernando I could talk to Mam for 6 hours and never get tired of it. I LOVE HER! I am so blessed.
And we drove Rosie home so we could all attend the beautiful sealing of Cesar, Alex, and THE SOPH in the LA temple. It was absolutely beautiful. One of my favorite sealers of all time...I learned so much and felt so much joy. Isn't Alex BEAUTIFUL?!?!!!

Here's Mateo and the Soph as yin and yang. So cute.


Mateo meeting new people...Aunt Jo:
Cousin Rachel
and.....drum roll please....Mami Rosie! Who came to visit and did our laundry EVERY SINGLE DAY she was here. She didn't even rest for one second. I can't believe how incredibly blessed I am to have had her here, and to be able to have her for my mother in law. I told Fernando I could talk to Mam for 6 hours and never get tired of it. I LOVE HER! I am so blessed.
And we drove Rosie home so we could all attend the beautiful sealing of Cesar, Alex, and THE SOPH in the LA temple. It was absolutely beautiful. One of my favorite sealers of all time...I learned so much and felt so much joy. Isn't Alex BEAUTIFUL?!?!!!
Here's Mateo and the Soph as yin and yang. So cute.

We had such a wonderful Christmas. Having Mateo join us just made me feel more reverent, spiritual, more family focused....thank you to everyone who made this Christmas so wonderful for us. We have everything we could ever ask for and more. God truly loves His children, and Christmas, especially the gift of His Son, is evidence of that.
Okay, I had to include this as the last little farewell to Christmas and 2009. Sammy is a ventriloquist! The reindeer is singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"....the figgy pudding verse. Notice how Sammy barely moves his mouth. He is truly mastering the art...




5 comments:
p.s. have you seen yourself in jeans in the Christmas pictures; post baby, You look amazing! Cross fit right off! You continue to amaze me, and I'm sure the rest of the world!
love you guys!
brandi
I love seeing Cesar married! My EFY kid! So grown up!
What a post! Well done Sharon! This post alone tells me that you are a natural mother-of-three.
I am so happy to read all of your reflections. Your wording is hilarious, "Miranda's disdain, Miniman & The Soph as yin and yang," ha! I can feel the love you have in your heart for the blessed family and friends who have helped you and were close to you through the holidays.
I smiled when I read that Temple Square at Christmas is reason enough to live in UT, amen to that! I can't wait! :)
Good to see an update and you guys and know you're well. Abby asks me for Sam every time we go to school and then tells me that he's sick when I pick her up. So, let's play!
What a beautiful family you are! And you are truly inspiring, Sharon. Thank you for you example.
Post a Comment