Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You know you're in Wyoming when...

(Happy St. Patty's, by the way...luck o' the Irish to you!)

We went to visit Fernando's mission greenie and his cute family in Kemmerer, WY. The drive up was gorgeous. I love our country. The Nelsons showed us a WONDERFUL time...including: going shooting!

Even the kids got to shoot a little 22. Sammy was so excited. Miranda was cold and nervous. But they both did it! Strange how I'm proud of them shooting, I know. But Bro. Nelson was so safe and helped them and it was an experience we hadn't even thought of giving them. I like when the kids' horizons expand.
I haven't been to a shooting range since I was probably 14 or something. So, a LONG time ago. But I've always had okay aim in sports (it's the coordination part I lack) and I really, really enjoyed shooting with some handguns. I wish I knew the names of everything. I mean look, I sorta look cool, right? I mean who would ever know that Bro. Nelson had to LOAD my gun FOR ME. Embarassing.
Bro. Nelson was the most perfect trainer and confidence booster. Later I saw him shoot every single target perfecty and I was in awe.
My Peruvian Cowboy
Sammy had great fun but afterwards he was so bummed and kept complaining that we didn't get to shoot any animals. What?! I mean, I've shown him Bambi. Oh well. Men. And the hunters we were hanging out with in Kemmerer are wonderful men, so I don't blame Sammo for thinking they were cool.
The beautiful K&H Nelson family. Thank you so much for your hospitality. WONDERFUL people. It's amazing how a mission can keep blessing you for your whole life.

And since there weren't any pictures of the squish face:

7 comments:

Holly & Kasey said...

We're so glad that you guys came! We had such a great time visiting with all of you!! Thanks for making the drive!

julie said...

How fun. Phil (my husband) just bought and gun and wants me to go shooting so bad. If your kids can do it, I can do it! You boys look like carbon copies of each other. They are SO cute.

Anonymous said...

It's like seeing Sammy all over again....He is so cute!!!

Calli said...

I can now say that our friendship has come full circle. You have to understand us fully and completely after that escapade. And you like it, which means you love us even more than you did before, right?

Tonya said...

I love Wyoming!! I am so proud of you for shooting targets. Sammy can work up to clay pigeons maybe. And little squish face is getting so big!! He is another mini Fernando.

C Stevens said...

Every one looks so cute and warm.

Dottie Stay said...

Sharon! That is awesome! You with a gun! Your kids are so dang adorable!