These pictures just make me laugh. Sammy is so happy to be with his brother all the time and he loves to do baby things now. He talks sometimes about "when I grow to be 1" because he wants to be a baby again. We watched home movies a while ago and he was so devastated that he had grown up. I feel the same way sometimes. But every stage and age has been absolutely absolutely ABSOLUTELY wonderful with each of these cherubs, and the femme fatale who is not pictured.
Every night when I swaddle Miniman he smiles at me, like, "Thanks Mom, for relieving me of these wildly flailing limbs. Now I can rest. AHHHH." I love it. I laugh every night when he does that. He usually does that then turns his little head to his left, and zones out immediately to sleep. I am always amazed by it! He is the best sleeper we've had, for sure. THANK YOU MINIMAN. What little sanity I cling to I can trace to your sleep habits :). Actually these little people are all so good. We are SO BLESSED! I cannot believe how wonderful it is to be a parent. Other than the occasional meltdown or 3 hour park visits wherein 1.Mimi practically gets her finger pinched off in a spin around toy and we both (internally me and very externally her) freak out, 2.Sammy smacks his nose on a slide and blood gushes out everwhere, and 3. I get one of my vision migraines where I lose half of my vision for an hour, we do pretty well. (NOTE: Thank you to the dear McKenzie who saved the day there at the park and is a much more prepared and less freakyoutie mom than me, and sorry I didn't tell you Kenz about the migraine but I was having so much fun talking to you). Anyway, Miniman was still a complete angel! So it's nice that they usually take turns going crazy. Usually.

I LOVE this picture. Look at these two! We got to see Fernando's uncles this last week and it gave me another star to steer by as far as brotherly love.

I LOVE this picture. Look at these two! We got to see Fernando's uncles this last week and it gave me another star to steer by as far as brotherly love.
Speaking of love that Sammy has been wooing me lately. It is THE BEST. He tells me to come close and don't say anything, then he puts his little chubby face right in my ear and whispers something wonderful like, "You're beautiful." or, last night, "You're so sweet." HA! It is the BEST! With his little tounge thrust s's and the look on his face afterwards when he's waiting for me to swoon, which I always do...ahhh mi!
The best is that at night when I say goodnight to them Mimi always gives me like a firm, rugged, nearly painful kiss of love to which I'm required to say "Wow!" (Fernie has the same experience and requirement) and when I leave the room and say goodnight every time Sammy says, "You're beautiful, and you're the best mom in the whole white world!"
Miranda tried to correct him but I shushed her because I love it! Then there can be other brown women in his life that he can sweet-talk.
As long as I'm the best white mom he has.
8 comments:
oh he is a sweetie. and miniman is so chill. i almost forgot i had another little person with me when you left. it's fun to see you!
I'm so sorry about vision migraines. You do have the most adorable children! They each seem to be so full of personality and they just love everyone. They must have learned it from you!
i just love you shar! you and your family are just so loveable. and i love how much you appreciate, notice, & document the heart-melting, personality popping things they do. love. love. love.
I do love reading your blog....and I do think it is not only a talent to record these moments like you do, but a talent that you recognize and remember them all! If I don't run right to the computer(and that never happens).....there is no memory. You ARE so blessed!
This is a great post...we're deep into swaddling over here at this house!
Hey when you get a second would you please email me?
jpatricklivingston[at]gmail.com
it's nothing huge but I need to ask you something...at your leisure.
So cute. You definitely have a wonderful family! One of the gol-darndest cutest families in this whole white world, I dare say! :)
Love the swaddling pictures and the swooning man. I also like that you are his favorite mom in the white world. What a crack up and what little ones!
The whole white world! I love it.
Post a Comment