Wednesday, October 27, 2010

warning: MONSTERS

Happy Halloween almost!

We had a Family Home Evening activity the other night where we created monster face parts and then the craziest thing happened! A bunch of stuff in our house turned into monsters! But by now we've gotten used to our housemates.

We try to make them feel at home by pulling the same faces as they do.

Garbage Can Monster. Very useful guy but you can imagine his breath at times.

Lamp monster. Can be a hot-head. I think we turn him off.

China Cabinet Monster. Definitely a "pane". Tries to act nice but we can see right through him. Fernando wins the prize for making a monster feel at home through face similarity.

Clock Monster. I can't figure out what makes him tick, so I think it's about time he left.


Drool Monster. Takes everything out of droors and cupboards. Is getting 4 or more top teeth all in one week. Is not conducive to sleep. But he's pretty cute so I guess we'll keep one monster.


5 comments:

Julie Kaye said...

YOU simply are too much for me!! I love this post! I love it! I don't know if anyone could ever appreciate you enough! You simply are one of a kind! Since they will never have a comparison, your kids will never know how good they have it with you as a mom! I must just say that I love my life a lot more on the days you are in it!! (not meant to be sappy....just true!)

Jenny Stanger said...

Ha ha ha! Sharon you are so funny. I'm amazed at how well you all made the same monster faces. Loved Fernandos!! Thanks for your posts. It's fun to see what you've been up to. I am so happy for you (and I'm trying not be jeolous)that you and your family got to go see the LION KING!!! I really really wanted to go, but we had no connections for tickets We'll have to contact you next time something amazing comes to SLC. I'm so sorry your little guy was so sick. Oh that is so hard. I'm glad he's doing better. Thanks for the updates!!

Lexie said...

I want to come to your family night - what a blast!

Molly said...

Ha! The garbage can monster was my fav. "you can imagine his breath at times", Sharon you are a hoot!

Thanks for the laughs. You brighten my day!

Mary Ann Johnson said...

Well this was just the cutes idea ever and I LOVED the pictures!