
This is Junie B. Jones. Some of you probably already know her. She kills us! I should warn you that she does say "stupid dumb" sometimes so we had to talk about how WE don't say that and now we can laugh and shake our heads at her indiscretion. I thought I did a GREAT job reading her voice and bringing her stories to life. Until I heard my hubby read her to Mimi. Dwarfed me. I laughed out loud at least 11 times because of his inflections, and that was just in one chapter. One of his best words read aloud from Junie B. was "Ta-da." It had ringing vibrato.
He's good at reading aloud, though he'd probably refute it. We've read quite a few things aloud together. He almost always is the voice because if I read aloud, he falls asleep. And if he reads aloud I fall asleep... less. So it's our best option really. I don't know how I ever enjoyed reading alone.
That's a bit of an exaggeration. I still can enjoy reading alone but it is SO fun to read together. This just turned into a nerd post I realize.
We recently finished reading
I could punch that series in the nose at times. However, it is SO fascinating and definitley comes up in conversation. In fact TODAY I compared the forced intermingling of Repubs and Demos at tonight's State of the Union to something Capitolesque. So it's infiltrated my thinking for good...although hubby and I agreed that the writer may have eaten something upsetting before sitting down to write.Anyway, I think FerManDo started out extremely cool and popular before he hitched himself to me. Now he's geekifying bit by beautiful bit. I can't really take credit for that but I will definitely take it!
5 comments:
oh, he was a small bit geekish before you two got hitched. admit it, fernandito. you remember shopping for purely pink valentine's day clothes at the d.i.? that was YOUR idea by the way ;)
love reading about you guys!
I loved this post! You are such a creative writer. And I LOVE Junie B. Jones (gosh, is that how you spell it?). Keep writing because it's always uplifting!
Just want you to know I love checking up on you guys and I think you have turned Fernando inot an amazing man!
It cracks me up how similar I think to you - but you are way better at expressing it! I'll have to check out Junie B. Jones one of these days.
I had the same sentiments about that series. Captivating, but disturbing. I still check in on ya! what else do I have besides occasional speed phone conversations :) Love you!
Post a Comment