Wednesday, January 26, 2011

keep up the habit

It felt right to re-enter this practice of blogging practice yesterday so I decided I better try to continue so I can try to make a good habit out of it.
I was dutifully about to begin a post when Miniman attacked the computer (Ferni and I think he actually said "puter" yesterday...it's a new generation people) and started going beserk with joy over some random dog in a picture on someone else's blog.

So then I had to spend the last 15 minutes showing him barking dogs on youtube. Those are the type of 15 minutes I omit when Fernando asks me what I did today.

But it does make me a little sad that our children are so dog-deprived that they have to watch them bark on youtube. Oh well. Maybe someday. After I get my chickens. I really want chickens and I bet they could be sort of fun like dogs, right?

So I was starting to post again when Mimi came in here. She had just finished watching High School Musical because during our exercise time today she got a sliver in her heel that I could not extract because I'm not a dad. Makes sense.

Naturally we had to cancel the rest of exercise time AND science time which is her favorite (obviously a serious sliver). During the endish of the movie she came in here with a choked-up expression on her face and told me that she just started bawling during that last scene and she doesn't know why. I told her she's not allowed to watch High School Musical anymore.

Then she rephrased herself and told me she didn't bawl she just had tears in her eyes. What a relief.
And to make sure to include all children here, yesterday Fernando told Sammo that the sauce (red glaze stuff) that he put on the strawberries was actually a mixture of whale blood and monkey brains. Well I added the monkey brains.
Disgusting I know.
Anyway Sam WOULD NOT eat it. Even after Daddy said he was kidding. When forced to taste it he gagged. The power of suggestion. Although that red glaze is a gory shade of red.
And here is just another shot of el chubbo for Gramma Rosie.
And because a baby wearing a Peruvian hat with a fish sticker on it is a GREAT way to end a post I think.

5 comments:

Lissy said...

Awesome! I know just what you mean about the minutes you omit when you talk about what you did today. Love the Mimi story and the adorable baby at the end :)

mckenzie said...

i've missed your spectacular thoughts.

Angie said...

If you want to give your kiddos some doggy time, I have 2 children-loving dogs at my house. You should come down sometime & indulge those deprived children of yours ;)

julie said...

One of Gary's first pets was a chicken named Albie (he was an albino chicken). He turned out okay... I guess. :)

Jana said...

I love your blogs! thanks for posting!