Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Incredibly, my first post about Tommy's

The other day we were trying to get our CA family to move to Utah because we'll soon have (in Draper of all places), this:


But then we remembered that we still won't have this:

Whereat my husband and family always get burgers loaded with Chili but I always get

A Chili Boat with a slice of cheese gooely melting on top and salty fries, in separate containers. I am torturing myself just thinking about this treat because there is no way of me eating it for months. The pain!

Let me just mention that while I was looking for a Tommy's Icon to put on this post, I found a great description of the Tommy's experience here. You should read it. It really sums up the experience. I mean the guy's blog is actually called "Oh So Fat: One Man's Journey Into Obesity." I'm not proud that I'm associating myself with a food this guy endorses. I justify my Tommy cravings by telling myself the blissful experience is really based on my love of my in-laws and their tradition of going to Tommy's, and that I only go there once in a while. I fear the day Tommy's actually does come to Utah. In order to CTR I have to hope it never happens. But my tastebuds disagree.

5 comments:

mckenzie said...

hmmm...in n out? i might be willing to make the draper trip for that one.

Allison Hansen said...

Is in-n-out really coming to Draper?!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Yummmmmmm.....
And I can't wait for In-n-out.
Delicious.

Stacy said...

What? I grew up in California and know nothing of Tommy's. Though that chili does look kinda gross, I'm sure it tastes good.
The thing is, they are ruining my CA daydreams. I mean, one of the highlights of our CA trips was stopping at Cheesecake Factory on the way and eating at In and Out at least twice while we are there. Now, my fat butt can get everything right here! (Luckily, my fat butt is too lazy to drive to Salt Lake too often so we are kinda safe).

P and L said...

I am not commenting on that chili mess you dared post a picture of (let alone eat!) But I just read my Olivia shout out and I wanted to come get all my credit! (it was on your sick post. and I assume I'm Patch and your brother is Patrick.)


I'm glad you're better and you had Miranda and Olivia to take care of you. They seem that they would get alone famously.