
The kids and I went to the Chalk Arts Festival at the Gateway. We had to pass the fountains where all the kids were playing so I did a "fun mom" thing and bought cheap swimsuits at Old Navy right then and there and the kids played. KIDS HAVE SO MUCH FUN. I love it. Suprisingly, Sammy was more hesitant while Mimi got water right up her nose several times and went back for more with a big smile on her face. I guess it's good for them to switch roles once in awhile.




Then we strolled around looking at the amazing chalk artists. I'm in the process now of trying to convince Fernando to become one. We'll see how that goes. The kids got to draw their own chalk art in the kids area. Miranda is totally into art and so she loved it, while Sam scribbled a bit and moved on to putting a random stick of thin plastic in and out of a grate. But we were all entertained. I love LOVE events like this! It's like going on vacation in our own city...a staycation, right? That's what they're called I think. And it was all to benefit the Utah Foster Care Association. So a good cause AND fun. That's the way we like it.




11 comments:
so fun! You guys are such a cute family!
so cool! i'm so sad we weren't there to enjoy it with you! next year!
It looks nice & warm while you guys were there. We went later and it was raining. Alot of the art got ruined. What a fun idea to buy swimsuits.
Good job! Fun mom!
I want to go on a staycation!
Good call on the Old Navy swimsuits. You seem to find all the cool spots in SLC. :)
Really.......how do you know about the coolest things happening??? Can you maybe start pre-blogging your activities so we can all be on the up n' up??
I am so jealous!! I have always, always wanted to go to the chalk art festival and have always had something going on the weekend that they do it. Thank you so much for posting pictures about it. You know I am a fan of the Foster Care Foundation so thanks for supporting the worthy cause
Looks like lots of fun!
If buying a swimsuit is what it takes to be in the "fun mom club," then I'm in!
So fun!! How do you find out about these things? I want to be in the "fun mom club" too! :)
Okay, so i am not a fun mom, but you are a way fun mom so i have decided you need to call me when you go to things like this so i can learn...and my kids can get out of the house :o)
hey girl! i left you a message and my phone number on your facebook inbox. give me a call if you wanna meet up this friday at temple square. i know it's short notice sorry but i would love to see you if you have a sec! randi
Sorry we missed you at the Family Reunion. Email me at Parislyn22@hotmail.com so I can add you to my blog.
Post a Comment