Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We're having a . . .

And the next loco Seminario child will be.... (drum roll please)...

A BOY!!!

We are so excited. Miranda honestly looked me straight in the face one day and asked me, "Mom do you believe I can have feelings about things?"
Me, taken aback, "Uh....yes. Of course I do."
Miranda: "It's a girl."
Me: "Okay, but what if it's a boy?"
Miranda: "It's a girl."

So we were worried about her reaction. But she took it so well. We gave them blue slushies to help them guess what the new baby would be and when she figured it out she was happy. She says now she can have another brother to protect her in case of dogs or she has a bad dream or in case of Jumanji. So now I know her three greatest fears. Sammy seems a bit oblivious but I'm sure he will enjoy his little bro. Fernando called the new little boy "Sammy's punching bag" already so I guess we'll have to watch for that.

But we are EXCITED! YAHOO! I know Mimis and I can hold our own as we become outnumbered because, well, let's face it, we have got a lot of feminine drama going for us. Frankly, the boys need another man. We can't wait!

14 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! That's so cute about Miranda thinking it's a girl. A friend of mine took her 4 year old to the 20 week ultrasound and when they found out they were having a boy, the little girl threw a huge tantrum, crying and screaming that she wanted a girl. At least you didn't have that kind of reaction! When is this baby due?

randi said...

so great! i sure loved seeing you all! what a sweet family, and another boy is going to be wonderful. congratulations! love ya!

Lexie said...

Hooray! I'm glad Miranda doesn't mind, she is too cute!

Angie said...

I love my "sassy sister." And I love hearing about all of her sassy little thoughts :) I tried to tell you "congrats" on IM, but I think you were off already. So, here it is again: CONGRATS! Fernando's getting his soccer team! And you lady-folk are getting strong little men who will protect you from Jumanji. Aaah to be so lucky...

Molly said...

Congrats on another son! Boys are hoots!
How about a baby ticker or widget-thing on your blog so we all can count down the days together until your sweet baby arrives?? Are you into that sort of thing? :)
Love ya!

Becky said...

Congratulations on another boy! That is super exciting. Two boys in a row will be awesome (that is what I have). They will be great friends! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

Emily said...

CONGRATS! Maybe this one will be a blondie:)hahahahah

Alexie said...

YAY! What is it with all the boy babies latley? How fun that he'll be so close to lucas!

Michelle said...

Congrats!! I didn't know you were pregnant. You guys need to come visit!!!!

Jenny said...

Yahooo! Congratulations on a new addition. How fun for little Sammy to have a brother. I can't believe you are already 5 months along. I hope you are feeling better. Thank you for your posts. We're sad we probably wont make it for the temple open house so it's fun to live it vicariously through you. You have such a beautiful family Sharon, I'm so happy for you.

Erica said...

Such exciting news! I'm so excited for your amazing family.

Brett and Lisa said...

Congratulations!! That's really exciting. And P.S...your family is adorable. We miss you guys.

Brianne said...

Yah, how fun! Sammy will love his baby brother when he comes, I just know it! and how funny that one of Miranda's top 3 fears is Jumanji. That girl cracks me up! :)

kevin and heather said...

Congratulations! That is so fun. I am happy for you guys. So fun!