Tuesday, September 20, 2011

yes we actually still exist

The blog slipped through my fingers and then I thought both my siblings and fams in China couldn't access blogspot so I thought I would need to get a new blog so that was my excuse for awhile. But then I found out recently they CAN see blogspot even though it takes a few extra clicks and that my mother-in-law never gets to see our cell phone pics we send and...
suddenly I felt more compelled to return.
Even though it's embarassing.

But luckily I left those cute Easter pics to look at in case anyone did venture back here to see us.

WELL update Seminarios:
  • little people have grown
  • we had a great summer in California and Utah including Mimi's birthday
  • the baby coming after Christmas is a boy one (which would have been a good post had I been writing. It would have been about Miranda's horrific shock and the aftermath of mourning when she found out)(people ask her if she's excited and she says, "well I'm not really going to see him because I'm staying in my room after he's born because it's a boy!" No drama here. Maybe we aren't ready for another girl yet hee hee)
  • we don't have a name for him yet
  • our house is being leased-to-own so we moved out of it, but still get to stay in our ward for awhile (yay!) because...
  • we don't have a permanent new address yet and are staying with my parents until we find the right place, which is so nice of them and fun for us
  • we still have the same jobs
  • the kids have a new homeschool co-op which is awesome.  For our homeschool at home we are having fun and Miranda gets curriculum for us through a charter school she is registered for, Harmony Ed, which has been nice too
  • we have a new cutie nephew Bruce
  • Fernando got to go camping with the guys and I got to go condo-ing with my high school girls (some of them)
  • we loved our Baugh family reunion
  • we haven't connected our old computer in our new digs so I have a limited amount of pictures to share in this post, but we'll go with it
  • I'll think of more stuff when I see the pictures.
Daddy and the kids made masks one day. He taped them on their faces. I don't know why but that thought has never occurred to me...to just TAPE stuff to their FACE. The difference between men and women. I guess I should be thankful it wasn't duct tape.

Speaking of king of making stuff...Fernando made the pinata for our new homeschool co-op. It took him awhile and it was awesome. It was a rocket ship with the name of our co-op "BLAST" on it and I don't know how he smiled as the kids happily destroyed it. After all that work. And of course he did a Seminario perfection job on it so he'll be asked to do it again. Glutton for punishment hun.
Miranda got a slip'n'slide for her birthday. I know being a kid has drawbacks (I actually get lectured about that regularly) but come on!!! Playing on a slip'n'slide for hours? Don't complain sister.


Yeah he never actually slid on it. But he still had fun.

Some pics for the Chinitos here for these last two: we went to Sol's Quincenera. Sorry everyone I don't know how to type the right Spanish "n." Now I've ruined Pinata and Quinenera.

And cousin Brooke got married. She is going to make the best wife. She's good at everything and so nice and WOW I could go on...
And I will end this post by mentioning that these little childrens used their best manners at the luncheon and, aside from my dad having to eat dinner that had pink punch spilled all over it, they did GREAT! Soon I might be the only one left who spills at every meal.
Well, I did it. I posted something. Here's to me doing it again before next Easter.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun to read your blog again....keep it up, please. :) I'm still hoping you can't find a new home and you're forced to return to your old one! Just saying....

Jeanna said...

I don't even know where to begin on the awesomeness that is you and your blog posts (no matter how infrequent)! The pics and commentary just made me laugh so much. Hooray!

Mrs. Egg said...

Oh I am so glad you did a post I have missed you so. I at least have been getting caught up through family wedding/baby showers when I see Lois. Can't wait to see more! ;)

Jana said...

I am so glad you posted, I have missed your blog!!!

Calli said...

Congrats on everything and good luck on everything coming up...oh, and I guess I should tell you that I was once part of a Quincenera party/procession. But you aren't surprised, are you?

Molly said...

So many happenings! It's great to hear about what's up with you & yours. Mateo has grown! Two thumbs way way up for Fernando's pinata. Baby Boy on his way, can we say precious?! House hunting, pregnancy, working, living, you're doing it all friend!
p.s. You commented on my blog, awwww thanks!

Anonymous said...

Our favorite part of this post is that teo looks like a mexican wrestler in his taped on mask! Pretty darn funny! ~KTSON

Lexie said...

Wow, so glad I got to catch up finally. Congrats on the new guy heading your way (I guess he's there by now!) and on a new home. Your kids are just so cute and as always, growing up so fast!

Super random question, my in-laws just got called to preside in the Lima, Peru Central mission. Since your blog says expedition among the peruvians, I'm curious if Fernando has family in Peru. Any input or info you could give me would be awesome since at some point we hope to go visit. No rush - they don't even go until July, but of course when I heard Peru, I thought of you, and then I found out about all your new news. Can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy and I hope Miranda has come out of her room by now :)

Love you!