
We had a fun weekend which included a stay in an amazing cabin a relative of a relative owns, and a visit to Lagoon. A fun memory from the cabin: Miranda made me go into the woods with her and sing, of course, "Into the Woods." I don't know the words so I sing my own made up ones but she likes it so much that I actually remember the same wrong lyrics each time. I like them so well by now I'm considering sending Sondheim a rewrite. Ha. We saw "Into the Woods" at a little community theater probably a year ago and Miranda still loves thinking about it. I feel like Miranda's human i-pod sometimes. I have to be able to sing whatever song she's ever heard at any moment. I have to be on top of my game. Or just make up my own lyrics.

I think everyone who sees this picture and was raised in Utah probably has the same picture of themselves at this age. So, we have played our part in a Utah rite-of-passage for Miranda now. Sam didn't get to come to Lagoon; he stayed with grandma and her broken leg. My favorite Lagoon memories are Miranda's face when we went around the first time on the "Puff the Magic Dragon" rollercoaster...pure life-threatening panic, and Xiao Yu giving me scars from grabbing my arm so tight on the "Tidal Wave." Before we went, Fernando was trying to explain to Miranda why the place was called "Lagoon." He was halfway into it when she interrupted him and said, as if to spare him the effort, "Like a mermaid lagoon?" Uh, yep.
1 comment:
I love how everything comes in huge chunks. It's like huge chunks of the seminarios; very edible and yummy. I love it!
Post a Comment