Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cornbelly's Corn Maze



We went to Cornbelly's Corn Maze with the Belnap family a while back. We saw a scary mask-wearing guy at the front so I tried to shield Miranda from seeing him, but she did. And then she'd say, "I don't want to see that guy with the scary mask." Then she'd keep craning her neck to see him.

It made me think about myself and the rest of us and how we're also that way sometimes. We focus so much on what we want to avoid that we end up paying more attention to it than if we didn't worry about it at all.

We had fun even though we didn't choose the teeny-bopper haunted maze. I'm glad we're exposing my sister-in-law Xiao Yu to one of those really random American activities: trying to get lost down a bunch of paths mowed in dead corn.

No comments: