Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Breakfast guests

Does it ever get lonely here, you may ask? Just Sharon, Samuel, Miranda and her multiple personalities day after day...The three of us waiting for Fernando to appear at dinnertime like a limey sprout cracking through the crusted frost. Well, you don't need to worry about us anymore. We have company.

Every day for breakfast we are joined by the cast of Cinderella, and, I think, Cinderella 3. Two princes, four Cinderellas (rags, ball gown, and wedding dresses--two styles), and multiple everyone else except mice and stepmother. Luckily they don't eat much. Here they are enjoying a blueberry bagel with cream cheese.

A close up of the feasting

Drezella (sp?) gets to sit on a real person's chair because she is the only one who folds her arms for the prayer (Miranda's rules, not mine).

Miranda is very glad for the company.

What does The Sam think of all this?

Get used to it buddy. You're stuck at home with two women who frequently refuse to deal with reality.

6 comments:

mckenzie said...

I love it! We need some lack of reality here.

Jenny said...

Ha Ha Ha! Sharon , thanks for posting the real secret of what goes on at home while the men are away. I spent a few hours today as Pluto (Mickey Mouses dog) and Price Eric. Yesterday I was Peter Pan and the day before that I was Gaston. Sigh, what we mothers won't do to help stimulate our kids imaginations. Keep up the good work Sharon, you are an incredible Mom.

Molly said...

Miranda, Mimi, Super 2-year old! I'll be over for blueberry bagels in the morning. Maybe Miranda would let me take a peek into her imagination. I need a break from the bleak Minnesota winter that descends on the house every a.m. Hugs----

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

I suppose that multiple personalities shouldn't surprise us...I think it's hereditary! Congrats on the cute kids...you guys are awsome!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sam,
Might I suggest...
A barracks breakfast with your G.I. buddy, Joe. You choke down some yellow mash you recognize as bad scrambled eggs, a tin cup o' stiff Hot Chocolate (black) and a letter from your girl at home. You try to tune out the screeching of the drill Sargent as she tries to sneak in her blueberried poisons smeared too thickly on the worst donut you've ever seen. You do you best to focus on the day at hand but your thoughts are interrupted by the cackling of the wildly overdressed female privates huddled in the corner whispering nonsense. Ah well... back to War.

Ace said...

What a crowd! Rock on Drizella. Way to set the example for the prayer. :)