Friday, April 4, 2008

appropriate punishment

This is what happens when you do not post anything on our blog while we are on vacation: I post THIS picture of you which I stole from your very own computer while you are on Temple Square magnanimously showing the place to a new member of our Church. But sometimes these things must be done in order for a certain person to learn a lesson.

Okay, I just posted these because I LOVE THESE PICTURES and I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!!
Not only did I get two incredibly hilarious and freely geekified siblings to start, they also marry people to match! What more can I ask for?

I guess I should mention that these are pictures from their performing days during the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. And yes this was the base costume over which "4 Calling Birds" floofy headdresses and so forth went over. I'm sure the Tab Choir would not be singing anything that these two could dance to wearing just the black. It is fun to imagine the possibilities though.

I did ask Xiao Yu's permission to post these, by the way, but of course, I did not ask Katie's. I welcome whatever retaliation awaits me. It was worth it.
And the grand finale:
(press play...it's there even though it looks black)

9 comments:

Stacy said...

Hilarious. I actually went and saw the MoTab Christmas Concert this past year (it is a tradition in our family) and the birds were so funny! It's nice to see that the personalities of these goofs shone through even those elaborate costumes.

P and L said...

Hey wait! I cant see the video!!

S&F Seminario said...

Hey-I had to click the play button twice but then it worked for me...so it's worked from 2 computers now. Keep trying? It is the best part definitely.

P and L said...

Oh.


I got it to work.


Before the video I did not think this was an appropriate punishment for such vile a crime as to withhold 'Mirandaisms' and 'Sammy Saids'...

After the video...you may have gone too far.

Good show, Sharon. You are not one to be trifled with.

~p

I also commented on your parenting post.

Neal and Shannon said...

D O R K S !!!! Is there really anything else to say?

Molly said...

What glorious creatures! A very capturing post, Sharon. You see that picture of Katie and you HAVE to know more. :) I'm thrilled to see that Xiao Yu is so free & wild with your family. She was meant to be one of you! What a great sisters you have (I'm counted as one too, right? Please!!)!

Taryn said...

ha ha! those are awesome!

i had to wear a costume like that once. but it was all nude colored - with puff painted hieroglyphics on it. and we had to dance with rocks. and that was the last modern dance class i took! ha ha

Calli said...

Ryan and I went to the concert with his two single brothers (yes, the ones I dated). While the 4 calling birds were my favorite (now I know why), I think the 3 French Hens and 8 Maids a Milking were all the bachelors were watching...the Mo Tab is getting quite scandelous!

Jenny said...

Thank you for the video. I miss those days of laughing and doing dorky things in costume backstage. Thanks for letting me re-live it through you. And what a perfect addition to your family Xiao Yu is. She was made to be with you goofy sisters. Thanks for sharing.