Friday, April 11, 2008

I didn't say you were fat...

I know it's been forever since I posted. My apologies to Katie and Xiao Yu for keeping your pictures up for so long! Horrible. I am ashamed. I've been grading at every spare moment at this computer. I'm starting to come out of it now, a bit.

So this morning, Miranda wanted to play a computer game on PBSkids or Noggin or one of those sites that makes learning SO fun. I was grading something, and holding Sammy at the same time (it happens a lot) and she came in and tried to sit down in the same chair. I tried to wiggle over, but it was still a tight fit. She kept saying, "Move over! You're squishing me! I don't have any room!" in her best early morning I-shouldn't-have-woken-up-yet voice. I asked her to stop the whiney voice and told her "I'm trying to make some room."

Then she told me I was too fat and said some other things, and then I said, "We're all going to the other room. No computer games right now."

So we got to the other room and she asked why I wasn't letting us play computer games right then. I said, "Because we need to wait until Sam's nap so I can help you and because you were using a whiney voice."

"No, I wasn't!" she whined. :)

"Miranda, this is what you said (and I put on my best life isn't fair voice), 'I don't have any room! Move over! You're squishing me! You're fat!...Do you think that was very nice, Miranda?'"

"I didn't say you were fat!" she exclaimed, fasely accused. Clearly she felt hurt by the gross misquotation.
"I said you were fat like a fat grandma's bum!"

Well, I'm sure glad she corrected me or I could have really gotten my feelings hurt. And thank you Grandma Cynthia for introducing her to the term.

8 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

It's funny how I often check out your blog mere seconds after you put up a new post. But let me be the first to say that I'm sure Miranda obviously misjudged you. Don't you remember how big things seemed when you were little, only to grow up and realize that they weren't that large after all.....
Just a minor case of toddler-perspective gone awry. :)

Taryn said...

ha ha. fat like a fat grandma's bum. that's hilarious.

Stacy said...

You need to train your children as I have Sharon (tongue in cheek). I may not get a lot of things right but all day long, every day Ashton tells me how beautiful I am and even without any prodding he usually gives the afterthought "....and you're not fat, you're getting smaller"
Could I ask for anything more? I mean, a big part of me knows that he is using his charm to manipulate his way into my good graces to get what he wants...but who cares!
By the way, are you a teacher? You always mention grading but I don't know what it is referring to.

Stacy said...

Oh, I also forgot to mention. I quite enjoyed that you left that picture of your sister up so long. I got a good laugh every time I clicked over to your page to see if you had updated.

mckenzie said...

hey i missed you too! i called like 20 times. no joke. it must have been that fat bum getting in the way of the phone. ; ) you have the skinniest bum i know. gotta love the kids.

P and L said...

That must have been one small chair!

Amy & Greg said...

Oh, how I love Miranda. I wish I could live at your house and just giggle all the time.

Lexie said...

Love it! I'm so glad she cleared that up for you. But, having just seen you, I can say that you look as thin as ever, no fat grandma bum for you, and there probably never will be! Thanks for the laugh though.