Thursday, May 15, 2008

mad skills

So, Sammy has these massive paws. Well, for a baby size person. We've noted it since the first month or two. The other day Xiao Yu and I went with the kids to Discovery Gateway and in one of the areas a little girl was playing with a toy car at a table. She had no chance. Sammy just grabbed it away with his giant baby hands. We gave it back, of course, but we were laughing because his hands were so much bigger than hers. Funny.

Well, on Saturday he figured out a great new skill utilizing his hands. He can hold himself on a swing! We were at a cousin's house following a baptism and he spent pretty much the whole time swinging. Maybe all 1-year-olds can do this, but Miranda couldn't and I find it so cute and hilarious at the same time! Such a cute guy, Sam.





And some amazing acrobatic skills (with the assistance of his trainer). What a kid!

5 comments:

Jenn Knight said...

This kid is like a 16 year old trapped in a little boy body. what the heck? Walking at 9 months, swinging at 1 year, driving at 2...

Stacy said...

That is very adorable and no not all one year olds can do it. Zander just turned one yesterday and he is decidedly not able to swing by himself.
I didn't get a chance to comment on your China post, but I wanted to say I am glad your sister is doing okay and our prayers are with them as well.

Dan and Alli Ralphs said...

He looks so grown up on the swing!! Jay loves to swing too, but he get's motion sickness...yep you guessed it almost everytime we break down and let him swing - disaster!! It's pretty disgusting!

Melissa said...

Lucky for Sammy. Seriously I have stubby fingers and tiny hands...you'll have to look at them next time you see me. So I say, "Congrats to Sammy" for being blessed with "big hands."

P and L said...

I love that if you squint and shake your head a little it looks like Fernando on the swing. Of course if you squint and shake your head a lot it looks like Hilliary Duff.

~p