Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We're going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo, How bout you you you

We had the most wonderful time at the Zoo with our dear friends the other week. Everything about the day was just wonderful, especially being with my friend and her adorable and well-behaved boys. I mean, they are 5 and 3 and they opened the door for all of us girls all day. I'm glad my little Sammy got to observe such manhood in his near peers. Hopefully he can "ape" their behavior....get it...the next picture? I know, I know, but I couldn't help myself.





I don't have too many pictures but you can see the whole story and some great shots here.

I will mention something so, so fun. It was worth the whole price of admission. There's one of those big marble looking balls that has water flowing all around it somehow and kids can rotate it...they have one in Disneyland too in Tomorrow Land.
Anyway, most kids love water and mine take that love to the extreme. I got a huge kick out of Sammy. He was yelping and laughing, he was so excited just to be out of his stroller and touching the water. But then he wanted to DRINK the water. He tried to put his mouth down into the drippage area but his head kept hitting against the huge ball. So sad. I was laughing. But he was the smart one because he quickly figured out that if he angled his head against the ball just right, the water would flow down his forehead, over his eyes, nose, and cheeks, and dribble into his mouth.
HA. Little bubba. He was SO wet. Miranda got a little wet too.

We had such a great time. It is GREAT when you end up loving your friends' kids as much as you love your friends. Thank you Ace for coming up so we could herd our own little zoo together at the zoo.

5 comments:

mckenzie said...

i can't wait to take craig! he has an animal book that he makes me read over and over and over.

Dottie Stay said...

What a blast. My kids get so shy. Your kids look like they had a blast. With you for a mother how could they not!?

Ace said...

I can't believe how funny Sammy was as he was trying to drink that water. One of the highlights of the trip for sure.

I loved hanging out with you and your adorable family. And I just now realized that I forgot to bring you said CD with all the pictures on it. I even got a picture of creepy Water Droplet Man. I for sure don't want you to miss out on that action. ;) I'll have to send it to you.

Mrs. Egg said...

LOL! I love that Sammy figured that out great pictures too. When we went there was a little girl dipping her french fries in the water and eating them. It was so cute, I love little kids. So cute!

Brett and Lisa said...

fernando, you shrunk! there is no mistaking that sam is your little boy. we love looking at your blog...entertaining stories, cute kids, an amazing couple--all in one. Hope you guys are doing well.