Sunday, November 9, 2008
a record
A class at Church today got me thinking about how sometimes the most lasting contribution we can make is what we write about, and what we keep written record of about our lives. I have some memories that are stronger because I wrote them down at the time EVEN MORE than because they were strong to begin with. Isn't there some saying about a life unrecorded is a life unlived? How scary to think there could be nothing left to remember us by if we don't write ourselves down. I have had and keep some ideas about writing and reading and the spirituality of both. Anyway, the point of my saying all of this is just to be thankful and glad that this blogging thing came along, because I'm recording our lives in ways I would not be otherwise. We're blogging ourselves into permanancy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love this thought. But then don't you have the sinking feeling that your computer might one day just {bleep} and it's all gone? I mean thank goodness Moroni didn't have a computer and wee dig it up one day and think, "I'm sure you could plug this in somewhere but where? I'm in the woods."
Then where would we be. But I do believe in the power of writing it down. But I think at the end of the year you and I should find a way to pull it off the computer and have our writings in real life. If you have any good schemes let me know. In the mean time... keep up the good work. I love it.
~P
"poo poo slobby hobchoffle facey wop geek-a-potamus and a pi yar nozzle toft hagga!"
So . . . will that now be blogged into permanency too?
And I'm glad that we get to reap the benefits also!
Post a Comment