Yesterday we had to pick up some materials at the LDS Humanitarian Center. The sisters are making infant caps for newborn kits this week. Anyway, we had a fun time looking around in there...if you haven't been you should go. I read an article the other day by a member stating that the Church should start offering humanitarian service missions for people to serve. I was so surprised that people don't know that the Church already has hundreds of humanitarian missionaries all over the world.
I have trouble staying on topic lately.
So we carted the boxes of materials downstairs and out to the car...and I couldn't find the keys. (No my car did not suddenly heal, we were using one of my mom's cars for our errands.) I looked around the car, through the windows at the ignition, in the carseats, the floor, searched my pockets a few times, all while trying to keep the kids safe against the car and the boxes. I think my kids have pretty well figured out how to sense when their mom is stressed. Sad. I finally gave in to the fact that we were going to have to go back in the building and search.
We went in, and I said something like, "Please help me find my keys" aloud as we hopped in the elevator. Miranda said a real prayer then that I could find my keys. I was not as faithful as I should have been because I was still thinking, "What if we don't find them?!! Who is going to come help us?" Stuff like that.
Luckily Miranda has faith. We stepped off of the elevator and walked a few feet and there, on a little table, were my keys!
I said, "LOOK Miranda!!!"
She said, "Heavenly Father found them!"
It was a great moment.
5 comments:
That is a sweet little story. And a great teaching moment...for you and the kids.
I noticed you got your background changed. Looks great.
How neat! A journal moment for sure~
that girl won't have any problems in the future. good job shar.
I love little miracles like that. Miranda has sure been taught well.
Awesome. When things like that happen sometimes I say little prayers to Heavenly Father in my head that he will help us so that my little child's prayer will be answered and their faith will grow...sometimes it actually works :)
Post a Comment