
We are getting old! Miranda went to Primary at Church on Sunday! Oh dear. She was ready to leave Nursery but she kept telling me she was excited to go to Primary because then she could be with her mom. I kept reminding her that I go to Relief Society, but I guess she felt that Primary was one giant step closer. I appreciate such devotion, believe me.
She has wonderful teachers, loved introducing herself in sharing time, and when I saw her in the hall she was beaming and monopolizing her teacher. Ever since I thought of the word "monopolize" in trying to describe what might happen with Miranda and Primary I have worried a little. But Fernando did extensive 8am training that morning (complete with drills) on raising your hand before talking, obeying the teacher, waiting your turn, etc. According to the teacher it actually worked. Although the teacher did say "She's hilarous!" Vague and dangerous words.

I feel so blessed to belong to a Church where people are willing to accept assignments to teach other people's kids, or even just to feed other people's kids snacks and sing songs with them.
And I feel blessed that our Church provides manuals with which to teach our children, and that we believe very seriously that these little people have hearts and souls open and ready to receive goodness and light and truth...even more open than ours are. This is a great blessing.
As I sit there in Relief Society learning and growing from the wonderful lessons and also taking a rest from my life as a mom, I am always aware that there is someone taking care of my children a few doors down that is not resting or receiving a lesson, but instead is just giving and working and not expecting anything in return. I appreciate that so much and I look forward to any chance I ever get to do similar service.

This has been a bit of a serious and contemplative post. But I don't do it often, so I guess it's okay. I guess I can mention for humor's sake (the value of which should NOT be underestimated) that I had to instruct Miranda the night before Primary that she should not use the word "Wedgie" in Primary. Important life lessons.
6 comments:
Thank you for putting my sunbeam teacher calling all into a greater perspective! You truly do see things for what they should be eternally...and thank you for helping me too.
It is a pleasure to be with Miranda in Primary. She's good for the soul! And trust me when I say that we ARE being taught by these little people. They are amazing teachers!
Of all the little girls I have had a chance to know, Miranda touches my heart. I am delighted that I have such a good "reputation" ... she puts a smile in my heart ... and I know you could probably never understand how special that is to this poor old "mama-wanna-be". But trust me ... she is a joy!
Sharon...I just love reading y'all's blog...your stories crack me up and i love all the darling pictures. What joy you and your children bring to the world!! Thanks for sharing!!
That Miranda does seem very....what's the right word?....hilarious. And she's cute to boot!
Quinn also joined primary this month. We are getting old, I love it!
Your children are so creative and lively. I love that "hilarious" is a vague and dangerous word!
Your posts are a gift. Love ya--
Post a Comment