But let's cut to the good. She was able to use snowshoes this year! And she did great! And even though we went right during naptime, as soon as I started singing "Into the Woods" and she decided to be Little Red, her listlessness evaporated and she sprung through the snow as fast as the rest of us.
Another bad I forgot about: Mom had to go slow because of her ankle-foot-thing-residue that she still deals with from her YW Corn Maze Activity gone wrong. Good: She didn't mind going slower with the kids :).
Katie was the most spry snowshoer, although she stopped to make a snowbeau for herself. Miranda liked him too. He was VERY cute, if a little "cold". Get it? Had to use the pun there. Forgive.
Sammy's got a great workout as you can see.
Pa is an excellent packhorse. Sam's hat is brought to you by Great Grandma Betty's mad knitting skills.
Do not eat snow or you will turn out like this!!!
Or this!
Sammy did not like being carried while everyone else was free to tromp about in the snow and scoop up snow to munch on whenever fancy struck. So we let him walk all the way back and he did great and loved it. He doesn't weigh enough to need the snowshoes. Not that I do.
It was a lovely outing and worth all the layers we all put on. I wish I were the sort of mom who just woke up in the morning every Tuesday, put her toddlers in the car and drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon, and Snowshoed for 2 hours without an entire team of support for my endeavor. As justification and a comfort to myself it probably wouldn't be safe for us to go up there alone. But still, it would be fun. Maybe when they're teenagers.
3 comments:
So glad you got out to enjoy nature! Let it be said that there is NO SHAME in needing an "entire support team" when attempting an outdoor activity with your children. I contemplated walking to the end of my street today and taking on the mini hill with the purple saucer sled, all three kids aboard. I thought about it for maybe 2 seconds before it sunk in, "I'm mad to do this by myself! Let's wait until Saturday when Daddy is home." We watched a video and ate craisins instead.
What a fun day! I went snow shoeing once .. I was in Young Women ...It was cold!!! The best part of the outing was getting alot of attention from "Jeff" a delightfully wonderful guy from my past. thanks for evoking a fond memory!
It looks so great. Maybe I'll start eating snow if it will make me as cute as Sammy!
Post a Comment