Miranda still cracks us up. On Sunday Daddy was making grilled cheese and he asked me, "Honey, do you want a grilled cheese?"
Miranda said, "Or do you want a boy cheese?"
Another day, we were down eating on the plaza at Temple Square with Pa (Grandpa Belnap) during one of the last warm days of fall. Miranda stopped eating, looked around for a minute, surveying the lovely grounds, the temple, the Joseph Smith Memorial Building...and said, seriously,
"Pa, are you in charge of this place?"
She was saying one day, "That rhymes!" She sounded so proud of herself and she really likes to rhyme so I said, "What rhymes, sweetie?"
"Me."
"Me rhymes with what?"
"Me."
True.
She's obviously very brilliant to name such a close rhyme as "me" with "me."
She's also had some really sweet moments lately. I was shedding some tears and I told Miranda to come here. She said, "Why are you crying, Mommie?"
I said, "Do you know how much I love you? Mommie doesn't like to do her work on the computer sometimes and it makes her sad when she has to do that instead of play with you.
She looked at me an said, "But you don't have to do your work right now! Right now you just need to cheer up!" Then she sang the "When you chance to meet a frown song" for me. I couldn't hire a better therapist.
3 comments:
Love it. It's amazing what they can come up with sometimes, isn't it? Like when Monkey told me he wanted an iPod for Christmas. He told me he couldn't just use mine. He said, "Mom, yours is cute, but I need awesome." Priceless.
what i wouldn't give to have miranda on my ipod all day. i think it would be thoroughly entertaining. i bet you could get a lot of listeners too. what a sweetie!
Wow!! Is Miranda for real? That girl is smart!! What a cutie.
Post a Comment