Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Truth reflects upon our senses


CONFERENCE!!! How we love thee.

Fernando and I were able to attend the Solemn Assembly. What an amazing feeling to stand as a member of the Relief Society and covenant to sustain my Prophet.

Other highlights for me included President Monson's talks, especially the insights he shared about his wife and how she's supported him. It made me cry and tell Fernando I wanted to be better at supporting him. Hearing these speakers and stories reminds me how far I still have to go. Yet I don't feel discouraged, but happily motivated to actually be able to become a better person. Amazing the way the Holy Ghost teaches us.

I also really appreciated the focus on the family, and particularly Elder Ballard's talk, which is obviously very poignant for me right now. I found myself longing to lock away each precious moment I have with my children so that I can always keep it. I already feel so blessed by every second I have with them, and Elder Ballard's words reenforced that feeling and confirmed the truth that as a young mother or a mother of young children, I am truly experiencing a sacred time and working through the moments and details towards an eternal purpose. I have renewed desire to prioritize and to make memories with my children that will matter.

This is different from my usual funny kids post, I realize. For all of the crazy things that happen around here, I can truly say that I have been taught, inspired, and blessed by my children, and I've only had them for less than 3 years! Each time I hear Miranda pray or talk about the Holy Ghost, or each time I get a little hug from Sammy, I know that I am a recipient of the pure love of Christ. This is a wonderful life.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Very well said

Dottie Stay said...

Beautiful beautiful post! I am with you. Elder Ballard's talk was so wonderul. Just what I needed to hear! You are a fantasitc mother and Miranda and Sam are so so lucky to have you!

Jana said...

I love your posts! I love your blog! and Miranda and Sam are adorable!

Jana

P and L said...

Lovely. I really loved this post...and the one about your fat Grandma Bumb.

I wrote back to you on our blog.

~p

LittleFamilyJL said...

Couldn't agree more. You are such a great mom!

emily snyder said...

you two look fabulous! not that this is surprising, you always look like you are in a magazine!
how are you guys!?! i love that i blog surfed and found your blog seeing as i never got my "CHristmas/winter/valentine" letter to you!
let's "run-into" each other again SOOON!!