Sunday, April 27, 2008

variation on a theme of soccer

Miranda has her first soccer game on Wednesday. To get pumped for the big game, she wanted to put on her daddy's old soccer shirt from when he was little. So we made an event of it and Sammy wore one of daddy's old outfits too. We had quite a time running up and down the halls pretending to kick and score. For someone with no soccer experience or ability, I turned out to be a great pretend player. Amazing how much easier it is to be pretend good at something than it is to be really good at it. Imagination really lends a hand sometimes.
We had quite a wonderful time and I have to say that it strikes me how little it takes to make us all happy. I should remember that.



6 comments:

P and L said...

They are beautiful. And I'm good at pretend accounting.

~p

Dottie Stay said...

They are so cute, and what a fun mom you are! Of course you are. You are close to perfection Sharon!!

Stacy said...

I'm thinking of putting Ashton in soccer this summer because he will be out of school and bored. Where is Miranda going?

LittleFamilyJL said...

It looks like you have several David Beckhams in the making....and it sounds like that includes YOU as well!

mckenzie said...

I love that fenando's clothes have been hanging around for 30 "freaking long years." (the qoute is in reference to my parents, so ask me next time we chat.)

Jana said...

I pretend too ... I'm a thin, rich , model! Am I good at it???
Jana