In fitting tribute to the Utah Jazz and as a vote of confidence against the Lakers (sorry Seminario family) here at home tonight, I post this picture of Fernando and I. We went to the first home game against the Lakers last Friday. It was an AWESOME game. We also got to watch Archuletta sing the National Anthem and even though I don't consider myself a crazed fan I did find myself screaming like a text-messaging 13-year-old after the song. I kept up my crazed identity throughout and even found myself talking about what the players should do as if I actually know what I'm talking about. Fun!
The game was close and GREAT and the fans were out of control. Especially this one Lakers fan right in front of us. Who prompted many otherwise insane people to turn rabid and attack him in the most embarrassing yet hilarious ways. If only I had been unscrupulous enough to use my video camera even though I saw a sign asking me not to. You gotta take the good with the bad when it comes to a strong conscience.
So this is Fernando and I after the game. We had a blast.
5 comments:
You went the the what now?
~p
It was a Jazz-Lakers playoff game. And sadly this post may have turned out to be the kiss of death because they lost BARELY last night.
Yes, it was a sad night last night. The only playoff game that I actually sat down to watch with my "wouldn't-miss-a-Jazz-game-even-if-the-house-was-on-fire" husband. Maybe that, too, was the kiss of death. Sorry, Jazz.
While I may not be a crazed 13 year old text-messaging Archuleta fan, I am an avid watcher of AI this season. Did you know they broadcast a snippet of him singing on the show? You could have been in the shot! Wow. I feel famous just reading about you.
I love the text messaging 13-year-old comment. Oh and the one about telling the players what to do. I watch, maybe, two or three basketball games a year on TV and during those brief times, I could swear I am an expert and if they would just listen to me, the game would be theirs :)
Post a Comment