We used to laugh so hard because Miranda called Goliath "Golifa." I suppose it doesn't seem that funny when it's written out, but when kids say words wrong in a certain way it is just so cute that its funny, you know what I mean.
Well, Daddy did a magnet lesson this week for family home evening on the side of the fridge. Rosie gave him a set of David and Goliath magnets. He set up the armies on King Saul's side and on the bad guys side. I probably should know who the bad guys are. Sorry. Well, the good guys were blue and the bad guys red, I know that!
He built up the story really well, and was gathering intensity as he narrated toward the moment when he would introduce who the bad guys selected to fight for their team: GOLIATH.
Daddy said, "They picked their strongest guy, and his name was GOLIATH!" and took the forbidding Goliath magnet out and placed it on the fridge. "Or some people call him Golifa."
Miranda said, "Well I call him big ugly fat guy."
So, the lesson I got from family home evening is that we're doing really well at teaching our children to avoid calling names or labeling people. Sorry Golifa.
6 comments:
that miranda is an anomaly isn't she
Sharon, Your kids are the funniest little things ever! Miranda sounds like a total blast! What a little smarty pants. If I lived back then I would probably have called him mean ugly fat guy too! I mean really don't you think he was? :)
Can Miranda come live with me?
Once again I am laughing because kids are the best comic relief. Eli was having issues with going to church last year and I said "Eli, church is great, you get to go learn about Jesus", and to this my son replied, "I don't even like church, I don't even like Jesus!" That's nice, huh? Not long afterwards, sitting in sacrament meeting after Eli decided that he did in fact love Jesus, he was looking at a picture of the Savior in a book and announced to everyone within earshot that Jesus must like to go sledding because he was in his snow clothes! Who needs comedy central?
I feel the lesson here is, 'Big Fat Ugly People Deserve a Good Rock to the Head.'
I love that little Miranda. She is so funny!
Post a Comment