Friday, February 1, 2008

a very representative moment

Yesterday after we attended storytime at the library, I had to use the bathroom. There was someone else in there, so I told Miranda to just stand outside the very small stall and I was planning to close the door (imagine that! Being able to use the restroom in privacy?! What a concept).
Anyway, Miranda starts saying she wants to come in, and Sam is clamoring as well. I really have to go at this point. I lean my head down to grab the lock and shut the door, and before I can Miranda shoves from the outside in and I'm whacked on the head/face hard by the door. So in my pain I tried to just quickly get my wits about me and shove the door shut again--and I hear Miranda crying out in pain. I've shut her head and almost neck in the door! So I let her in, and by this time I have GOT to go so I just sit down and barely close the door. And yes I've got all my offspring in there with me. The other person seems to be finishing so I sort of press the door shut, and I say to Miranda, "Sorry about hurting your head! This seems to be the konk head family today!" and that's the funniest thing ever so she starts laughing. Then Miranda starts saying, "Yeah, and me and Sammy have diahreaah!" and they actually don't.
And I wonder, is this real!?! Am I the only one whose life is this ridiculous on a daily basis? Am I a victim of my own genes?
It is at this moment that I laugh so hard. I'm weak with laughing. I can hear the person in the next stall laughing and then leaving. So, again we provide entertainment free of charge when we could be making good money for it.

8 comments:

M said...

Those moments of hilarity always seem to pop up in the oddest situations when you are a mom, huh?
Your children are so cute and little Miranda seems to have the funniest personality. I bet she's a riot.

mckenzie said...

you crack me up! i can only imagine, my latest bathroom endeavors have been nursing on the toilet because the stupid facility doesn't have any where for a nursing mother.

Calli said...

Max has recently become more and more interested as to what exactly goes on within the "facilities". I'm thinking it's only just begun.

Holly & Kasey said...

Oh my word! I laughed so hard at this story. Miranda sounds like she is just the little entertainer!!

P and L said...

I knew stuff like that was going on in the girls bathroom. It's loads easier in the mens room, no doors, no locks, just get to business and keep your eyes forward.

mckenzie said...

ooooo! and happy valentine's to you! love the background.

Brett and Lisa said...

you are so funny and such a great story teller! you also seem like such a great mom - i can learn a lot from you!

Amy & Greg said...

Just so you know...I am in tears. That was wonderful. I wish I could have been in the next stall over.