First, I admit that at the moment when we were parked along the canyon road, trying to shove the kids into their respective harnesses while they both cried and resisted with the fury of, well, kids being shoved into harnesses, I didn't think snowshoeing with them was such a bright idea. I think I actually uttered a sarcastic, "This is going to be really fun, " as I tromped toward the trailhead, with a whimpering Sam strapped to my belly and an already cold, crying Miranda hefted onto Patrick's back.
But I was wrong! It was so exhilarating. The snow was perfect, the hollow was windless and still, and the sky was blue against the shady white. We had so much fun. Even the kids loved it...for awhile.
The best souvenir we have is this picture! I laugh every time I look at it. I feel like it's an emergency rescue scene, but really its just that we had to toss the kids over a few streams on our journey. I guess it goes to show that what is easy is not always what is most rewarding or most memorable.
3 comments:
hilarious! way to just get out there, i'm too wimpy.
What a shot!! Who had the foresight to run over and straddle the river just in time for the pass over. Who ever it was, their timing is National Geographicly spot on.
~P
SHARONiii!
I just got your blog from Ang and I have to say that I love it. How lucky you are (because I live in KANSAS) to have such great opportunites to get out and explore a truly unique and beautiful part of this great country.
Love you
Don't be a stranger-
Janene
Post a Comment