Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Xiao Yu

We had lots of fun for Xiao Yu's birthday last week. She is the greatest sister-in-law anyone could ever ask for. We spent most of the day cruising around town for cookable octopus. We ended up settling for calamari. She makes me laugh so hard all the time, and she is also so considerate and selfless. Whenever you get a gift from Xiao Yu, you know it comes straight from her heart. We all tried to make her birthday far away from home AND during Chinese New Year a memorable one.



The other day she made me laugh so hard. Since Katie is the single one left of our siblings, we all like to get into her business and give our opinions on her social life. I know she secretly loves it. Hah. We were having one such moment, talking about how to let a person know you do not "like" them in the nicest and kindest possible way. Fernando finally asked Xiao Yu, "Haven't you ever had someone like you that you didn't like, and you had to say, 'Sorry, I don't like you.'?"
Xiao Yu looked baffled and said, "I never said, 'Sorry.' I just said, "Get away from me."
I laughed so hard. I told her that I am having all of my children call their Auntie Xiao Yu whenever they have relationship problems.

2 comments:

mckenzie said...

hey i miss you guys! i'm coming more frequently i think. it was so fun. even with all the sick drama

Hillybug said...

She sounds like someone I would like alot!

You were so right about the trip, it was amazing and very insightful. i'm sure brandon and fernando will talk about it soon. thanks for the push to go, it helped getting me past my reservations about the kids. they have forgotten already that i deserted them for 2 weeks :)