Moving on to lighter, happier thoughts (the kind I should contemplate more often and deeply than that last one).
Sammy learned to open and close his little fingers for popcorn popping last week at Church. I was helping out with nursery, and he'd walk up and get in the personal space of the little girls and boys, and the girls whined a bit but the boys would just shove him. And then he'd fall back a bit and come right back for more. Atta boy Sam. Another funny thing last week for Sam was that Xiao Yu said, "Do you want to come over here, Sammy?" And stopped what he was doing, turned and looked at Xiao Yu and said, clearly, "No." He doesn't say no so we all had a good laugh. I suppose he might be able to say no...I often think that babies can say a whole lot of things they don't say just because, why? They can usually get what they need and want without using words. I wish I could learn that skill: not crying to get my way, but not saying something just because I have the ability.
Miranda, upon being taken back toward the chapel after a potty break during Sacrament meeting: "I don't want to go back into that horrible place!"
Fernando stopped me on the way up the stairs the other day and said to me, in all seriousness, "Instead of thinking of me as your husband maybe you should just think of me as a king, and all you have to think about is making sure I'm taken care of." Okay, so when I turned around, he had a sort of half-smile on his face, but I still think he doesn't think it's such a bad idea to live our lives that way. I told him, "I'm busy taking care of your subjects."
I love my husband.
I'm actually extremely normal. I don't know how those other three got that way.
6 comments:
i love all your crazy faces. cute pictures.
the way i found your blog was crazy. i love to blog hop and i went blog hopping from one of my friends that lives in fl from another of her friends to another and then i saw your name on the side of the blog. i couldn't believe it,i was super excited. randy thought i was weird. is there any other family members who have blogs? we will need to enlist them at the next family gathering!
Good fun, I always enjoy your updates. I'll have to try the King suggestion with Susan! :P
We haven't seen you in ages ... miss you.
I like to think you were all sitting around the dinner table and a group of 4 mice, with cameras, popped up out of the center piece and simultaneously snapped the pictures used in this post.
Nice job 4 mice.
Hilarious, Sharon. I love you. And I love your family. And don't worry. I think we have those humbling parenting moments everyday. Thank goodness you're the normal one--way to keep everyone sane. :)
what happened to the ladies in waiting who take care of the queen? doesn't he know that nobody did anything in those days unless you weren't the king and queen? so really he wants a serf or something. j/k fernando.
That was so funny! I miss your lovely sense of humor. I am so glad that it comes out in the blog. So funny!!
Post a Comment